JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

KIROTV.com
Man Says Gun Used In Drunken Foreplay Killed Girlfriend

Posted: 10:46 am PDT April 12, 2010Updated: 2:06 pm PDT April 12, 2010
GRANITE FALLS, Wash. -- A 25-year-old man says he accidentally shot to death his 22-year-old girlfriend with a gun they used during drunken foreplay, said Rebecca Hover of the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.

The man told detectives that he and his girlfriend of 10 years had been drinking at a party in their home Saturday night and afterward were intimate in bed.

He told police that he rubbed the loaded handgun all over his girlfriend after consuming more than one six-pack of beer. He said his girlfriend drank six bottles of Mike’s Hard Lemonade.

He said that the couple forgot about the gun until after having sex. He said he found the gun at the foot of the bed and picked it up. When he swung his arm toward his girlfriend, it went off, he told police.

He called 911, and deputies responded at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday to the home in the 23200 block of 134th Street Northeast in unincorporated Granite Falls.

Hover said, "He was adamant the shooting was an accident."

He called himself an "idiot" several times during an interview with police and implied he would hurt himself for what he’d done, police said.

During the incident, the couple's two young children were asleep in the same room on a different bed, Hover said.

The man was booked into the Snohomish County Jail Sunday afternoon on a charge of first-degree manslaughter.

Hover said a background check indicated that there have been three previous domestic violence incidents involving the couple between 2007 and 2009, with the girlfriend as the victim.

The case remains under investigation.

Copyright 2010 by KIROTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Damn - I thought I partied hard last weekend.

It's all fun and games until someone get's their wiener blown off. :s0155:

Using a gun in foreplay?? They didn't get into it, but I think I get the idea.
They should stick to a compound bow or a flintlock next time.

His story sounds fishy though given all the DV calls in the past. Hmm....DV charges and he still had a gun. I guess our judicial system works huh? I thought you have to turn those in after a DV charge? Oh..not everyone follows the laws. Nice reporting KIRO - no mention of that..

Sadly I have a story that could add some credence to his "gun foreplay" statement. It was a story I heard while hitchhiking. In the interest of keeping the thread PG I am leaving out the details. Basically guy that picked me up hitchhiking told me about how he had tied up and blindfolded his wife and used the barrel of a loaded revolver on her. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are with firearms though.

I would look to this to be changed to murder, the manslaughter was just to lock him up until more is known.

"When he swung his arm toward his girlfriend, it went off" Yeah right. :s0131:

I mean who wouldn't believe that a woman that has been a documented victim of repeated domestic violence would enjoy being caressed by a loaded gun as foreplay?

This clown should have just strapped himself into the electric chair with that story.

One of the love/hate scenarios with my Sig DA/SA. With a round in the pipe and the hammer down in carry mode, that first trigger pull is a bear and a half to squeeze off. Gonna be hard to "accidently" shoot someone unless I do it on purpose.

Maybe I need to pickup a 1911 just in case I need to have an accident.

PS: Can't wait to get hate mail from the 1911 fans :>)

This has WTF written all over it.
1. Using a gun for foreplay
2. Having sex with kids in the room
3. "Swinging" gun around while loaded and "accidentally" shooting it.
4. Pointing gun at GF
5. Shooting girlfriend in front of kids
6. You this stupid after only six beers....Something tells me it wasn't the beers
7. You stupid enough to stay together after more than one DV calls

Note to self. Don't waste time going to Granite Falls. It's full of stupid inbreds.

One of the love/hate scenarios with my Sig DA/SA. With a round in the pipe and the hammer down in carry mode, that first trigger pull is a bear and a half to squeeze off. Gonna be hard to "accidently" shoot someone unless I do it on purpose.

Maybe I need to pickup a 1911 just in case I need to have an accident.

PS: Can't wait to get hate mail from the 1911 fans :>)

1911 Fan here's your...

HATE MAIL HATE MAIL HATE MAIL :s0112:

Update

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...lay_or_foul_play_granite.html?prmid=obnetwork

Foreplay or foul play: Granite Falls woman killed in shooting

Posted by John de Leon

A Granite Falls man was booked into the Snohomish County Jail for investigation of first-degree manslaughter after he allegedly fatally shot his girlfriend on Sunday, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office. The man told sheriff's detectives the shooting was an accident and involved a gun the couple had used during sexual foreplay.

The shooting was reported about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. Deputies responded to the house in the 23200 block of 134th Street Northeast in unincorporated Granite Falls, where the 25-year-old man lived with his 22-year-old girlfriend, their children, and other relatives.

The man told detectives there had been a party at the house on Saturday night and that both he and his girlfriend were drunk. According to the Sheriff's Office, the man said he and the girlfriend had sex. At one point, the man picked up a gun the couple had used during foreplay and it accidentally went off, hitting the woman.

At the time, the couple's two young children were in the same room asleep on a different bed.

A background check revealed that there have been three previous domestic violence incidents between the couple in 2007 and 2009, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top