JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
[receives*Sp]
[Details.*Punct]
My apologies. If possible, please change the title.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29406078/?GT1=43001

Go to the website, it is more thorough.

Injured good Samaritan ticketed for jaywalking
Man helped push 3 people out of path of pickup truck before being struck
Associated Press

DENVER - A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket.

Family members said 58-year-old bus driver Jim Moffett and another man were helping two elderly women cross a busy Denver street in a snowstorm when he was hit Friday night.

Moffett suffered bleeding in the brain, broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and a possible ruptured spleen. He was in serious but stable condition Wednesday.

The Colorado State Patrol issued the citation. Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Moffett had been driving his bus when the two women got off. In the interest of safety, he got out and, together with another passenger, helped the ladies cross.

Moffett's stepson, Ken McDonald, said the driver of the pickup plowed into his stepfather, but not before Moffett pushed the two women out of the way.

When he awoke in intensive care, he learned of the ticket. "His reaction was dazed and confused. I was a little angry," said McDonald.

The other man also was cited for jaywalking, while the pickup driver was cited with careless driving that led to injury. Sullivan said the two elderly women haven't been cited but the investigation is ongoing.

Hmmmm makes one wonder, are the cops these days REALLY about public safety, or all about revenue? I hope the judge throws this one out, with a firm rebuke toward the cop. Who do they think they are, anyway? Snowing out, and everyone is supposed to walk to the corner to cross at the light? Come ONNNNnnnnnnn

Hmmmm makes one wonder, are the cops these days REALLY about public safety, or all about revenue? I hope the judge throws this one out, with a firm rebuke toward the cop. Who do they think they are, anyway? Snowing out, and everyone is supposed to walk to the corner to cross at the light? Come ONNNNnnnnnnn

It's interesting to note that police used to be commonly referred to (and did so themselves) as peace officers. Then several decades ago the transition began to the term law enforcement. Think about the difference between the 2 terms. You probably already know the answer to your question.

The phrase "no good deed go unpunished" comes to mind. Think about the thought process of someone that tried to save someone else and is now monetarily and physically suffering because of it, and likely wasn't thinking about "the law" because they are trying to save someone VS the thought process of someone who would discount the selfless act that this man did and STILL thought it a good idea to "enforce a law" that is stupid 90% of the time. Jaywalk = you must travel on the path that The State dictates to you.

Yeah ticket the good Samaritans in Denver. Meanwhile, the illegal aliens have immunity from the law and are running amok... There is something very wrong with this picture.

This reminds me of the Boston cop who gave the husband of a pregnant woman having a baby in the back seat a ticket for driving on the shoulder of the road to get to the hospitol; she was in labor and crowning, but he did give the ticket. Hmmmmm

gotta make those revenue numbers you know. Oregon City police are especially bad at this. Its about all they do, just write tickets and turn their shoulder when crime is happening. When the local police were interviewed not long ago by a news paper writer about the police force writing tickets to hit a set revenue number each month the chief replied that it is not lawful to have a set number of tickets that must be writen but the officers are instructed to strive for a certain number each month. I wish I could find the article. It was rediculous!!

Wen one (an individual, city, nation) loses a grip on what is comprises right and wrong, everything gets upside down. If memory serves, Denver is the city that last year passed an ordinance forbidding the segregation by gender in public places. Thus places like locker rooms, showers at public pools, restrooms everywhere, are now "integrated", meaning anyone of either gender can go into and freely use any such facility at will, and anyone even saying anything about it commits a "hate crime", the poor dears are so sensitive about their "gender identity" they can't bear any comments if a male "feels more comfortable" in using the loo formerly designated for females. I'll leave your imagination to get to work on what ELSE is implied in this law.... SOOOOooooo, given the twisting from the top in that city, nothing would really surprise me. Rather like trying to navigate a ship at sea with no compass. Well, sooner or later you'll end up SOMEwhere.....

I read that on MSN, i could see how he could get a ticket, if he just walks out into the middle of an icy road and somebody can't stop he should get a ticket, however I still think this is just stupid.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top