JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are there such laws limiting the amount ammo someone can have at any one time? After reading this i looked and couldnt find anything that limited the amount af anything..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keni Garcia told police he intended to use the 30,000 bullets they found in his car and home for target practice.

That is hard to believe, the prosecutor at Garcia's arraignment said, because if he were to fire a gun for eight hours a day, it would take weeks for him to use all of it.

Garcia, who allegedly bought thousands of rounds of ammunition and had 10,000 bullets in his car when he was stopped by police Thursday, was ordered held on $500,000 cash bail yesterday.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
because if he were to fire a gun for eight hours a day, it would take weeks for him to use all of it

huh?

cyclic rate:
ak-47=600 rpm
ar-15=600rpm
being generous and subtracting 20&#37; for mag changes and target resets we get 480 rpm.
8 hours times 60 minutes in an hour we get 480. so.....

8hoursx60min=480
600rpm/20%=480
480x480=230,400rds in 8 hours. or.....

480rph/30,000=62.5min.

assuming that all the ammo was for one gun, it wasn't, more guns means more people shooting, increasing the rate of fire, and decreasing the rate of fire by twenty percent for mag changes and trigger finger taping, he would of been able to fire over 200,000 rounds in 8 hours. or his 30,00 in just over 1 hour.

The ATF requires you to have an arsenal license to have more than 12 long guns or 1000 rounds of ammo. It is a form of federal firearms license which require giving up certain rights as does most of the license we have, right down to our driving liscence and conceled wepons permits. You can not licence rights, but that's just what we've let happen and are now accustomed to.

Where do people come up with this????

Most of us would be criminals if this were the case....:bsflag:

Everyone send an email to the Mayor of HAVERHILL MA. His name is Mayor James J. Fiorentini [email protected]. PH# 978-374-2300 FAX# 978-373-7544. Also call the Police Chief 978-373-1212 ALAN R DENARO. Call NOW so we can send a message we will not tollerate them violating the rights of the people. Explain to them the 2nd Amendment.

Last Edited:
According to the article, he was arrested on suspicion of exporting ammunition and firearms. (although he was charged with "illegal possession of ammo")

Not saying that his arrest was justified, but if he was exporting without a license, it's illegal.

Heck--at one round per second that's only 8.3 hrs. I could do that with
a couple of semi-auto anythings if I had a crew to load the mags.
Probably have time for a couple of breaks and a siesta.:)

According to the article, he was arrested on suspicion of exporting ammunition and firearms. (although he was charged with "illegal possession of ammo")

Not saying that his arrest was justified, but if he was exporting without a license, it's illegal.

I'm not saying they are wrong about him exporting it... but he's in Massachusetts! Where can they export anything to? Throw it on a ship? :huh:

Am I dumb? :p

Hoookay...Just what we need to have happen. Sure, if he was exporting the guy should be jailed. But if he was just a shooter then this is a bad sign of the times. ****, I've got a bit less then that currently stored.

The mass. police returned my phone call and said the paper was way off on the report. This guy is not as clean as the paper made him out to be. Not that this means anything this way or that way but this guy has been watched for a while now by the atf.

I'm not saying they are wrong about him exporting it... but he's in Massachusetts! Where can they export anything to? Throw it on a ship? :huh:

Am I dumb? :p

According to the article, he is a "native of the Dominican Republic", also;

The prosecutor said all of the bullets seized from Garcia were for .38-caliber, 9 mm and .22-caliber firearms. Such ammunition is "like gold in the Dominican Republic," he said.

Holland said Reynoso told police he had "a shipping type of business" and that the $25,000 in cash must have come from Garcia cashing a business check.

My guess is that they suspected him of exporting to the dominican republic. I mean thank god we live in a country where suspicion does not constitute a crime, but I'm sure they got the idea from the $25k cash, his shipping business, and the ammo and firearms.

The lesson to be learned here is they gave consent to search his house without a warrant thinking nothing was wrong, mistake, you don't refuse consent because you have nothing to hide, you refuse because they are looking for something to hang you with, and a warrant wont be issued without cause.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top