JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is kind of random but firearm related. I am wanting to do a "shadow box" (glass display case) in my man/theater room. I am thinking of doing a M4 airsoft rifle with magpul accessories mounted in the case. I have kids so my real rifles are out of the question... I think this would look great between the movie posters kind of as a prop.

Any suggestions or decent mock airsoft ideas?

I don't know anything about Airsoft, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe add some real props like a pair of desert camo boots, an Army beret, a folded US flag, some spent cases...stuff like that.

Keith

Why waste a real rifle that you could use for what it was meant for? An airsoft rifle is a decent idea as many of them are very detailed and realistic, dont cost as much, and cant be fixed/made to fire a real round (in the case of theft). Plus you can use the real one on the range.

In regards to the huge gun room, that is not what I have going. This is a movie room that has a huge screen and individual seating, so the above prop idea is more of what I am going for. Everything but the Army Beret, nothing against Army but this is a USMC kinda place... I like the boot idea and already planned on the spent and live casings type of thing.
I do have to admit that if we ever do the addition that the wife has planned I want to talk her into a tripod mounted 1919a4(would rather a ma duece but $$$$ is an object) on display near the fireplace. Thanks for the ideas, I can post some pics of the room from my cell phone if that helps...

theaterpic5.jpg

theaterpic6.jpg

These are poor cell phone pictures and it is hard to photograph the room anyways due to the dark room with little lighting... But it is killer with the screen on-

I'd keep an eye on ebay and craigslist for broken airsoft rifles. If it's a wall-hanger it doesn't need to be functional and a lot of the high quality airsoft guns are metal, very authentic looking, but fairly expensive. All you'd need to do is paint the orange tip black.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top