JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm interested in getting a man purse that can carry my Glock17 w/ taclight, and some basic survival/work junk. I'm not able to carry everywhere while I'm on the job, but I can lock up a man purse in my desk easily without causing notice. I ride my bike to work, so storing my CW in a car isn't an option, and where I live has been robbed before by a methhead.
I'm considering the Maxpedition stuff, but I wanted to see if anyone had some rants or raves before I make the plunge.

danke.

I read this I was going to suggest maxpedition but you already on top of it. Tactical Tailer has something that is close to the man purse as does 5.11.

These things are the "must have" cool guy item for contractors over seas.

SF-

I'll check those brands out.

I'm not trying to look like a cool guy contractor overseas, I'm more or less looking for something that is functional and doesn't scream "I'M CARRYING A GUN IN THIS BAG" like some CCW equipment.

Check this out.

<broken link removed>

I have no personal experience with these, but it looks similar to my Bianchi bag. Looks like it might hold a little more extra stuff too. For the price it could be worth the gamble.

I do have a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack and it is nice, there are some changes I would make but nothing is perfect. The water bottle holder is nice but I would rather have a second pocket for daily use I can say that when I have been on a hike the water bottle is nice to have. I can also say the Jumbo Versipack does have a great pocket for CC and holds a G-17, HK USP 45, full sized 1911 or Sig just fine. Depending on what you want to carry I would not go any smaller. I currently use the Jumbo for my EDC bag with a Maxpedition FR-1 bag for small items and first aid so I am a believer in there products.
If you are looking at the Colossus Versipack be careful because I think that CC pocket is a mesh so you may be able to see the gun.
I have not seen the 5.11 product but it does look nice and would consider it but I would want to see how the CC pocket is. The 5.11 does look like it has some great pockets for organization.
UTG (Under the Gun) also makes a product like Maxpedition but from what I could see the quality was not nearly as good at the Maxpedition.

I sometimes use a small shoulder bag I got for $18.00 from HeartlandAmerica.com. The leather is very good quality and the bag is very well sewn. The big over-flap is held securely by a strong magnetic snap, with two padded main pockets under it. It is about nine inches high, eight inches wide, and 3-4 inches thick, with an adjustable sholder strap. If this link is incomplete just type it into a search engine to complete it: <broken link removed> ..........................elsullo

I sometimes use a small shoulder bag I got for $18.00 from HeartlandAmerica.com. The leather is very good quality and the bag is very well sewn. The big over-flap is held securely by a strong magnetic snap, with two padded main pockets under it. It is about nine inches high, eight inches wide, and 3-4 inches thick, with an adjustable sholder strap. If this link is incomplete just type it into a search engine to complete it: <broken link removed> ..........................elsullo

Not to be a jerk, but are you talking about the one being modeled by the woman. It looked a little femine to me. When do you carry in the man purse (as far as work, social situations, grocery store)?
Or is it you just like to carry a big tank of a hand gun that isn't easily concealable?:D

The reason for the man purse is so the guys in my office don't see my removing a holster from my pants and locking it in my desk prior to going out on a job. (hint, my job takes me into Sheriff's offices and Courtrooms)

As far as the tank of a handgun, if I'm concealing it in a bag, why not carry my full size auto instead of my CW mousegun?

Thanks for all the input guys.

Don't even attempt to carry one into a Police station or Courtroom with out the proper permissions.

Other wise use a back pack and carry any size gun you want. Nobody will ever suspect you're carrying.

I have a Maxpedition Versipack which works well. The pocket will hold a Glock 22 but wouldn"t hold anything much biger. It also has plenty of space for additional stuff.

I agree, I have a G-17 and it works well. When I purchased it I was looking for something for my HK USP 45 Tactical because there are very few options for holsters for the HK. Great product and I would not hesitate to buy any other Maxpedition product.

"MAN PURSE"...........HAHAHAHAHAH ROTFL!!! I had to check this thread out just to see what this was about!!

Like NK777 stated, dont even try to pack into a courthouse without the proper permission. Im sure you know that, but just in case.

It seems a little funny that if you work in a courthouse, and would have permission to carry inside, that it wouldnt be any big deal for people to see you locking it up in your desk before you leave. Maybe I just dont understand what your saying here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top