JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man ordered to take off NRA hat or he would not be allowed to vote\

This is Social Marxism in full gloat.............. And it has been tolerated with little fight.................WTH

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/2014/10/29/man-ordered-to-take-off-nra-hat-or-he-would-not-be-allowed-to-vote/18117437/
Man ordered to take off NRA hat or he would not be allowed to vote
WXIA 12:37 p.m. EDT October 29, 2014
635501830040413870-bundy-cobb.jpg
(Photo: WXIA)
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. (WXIA) -- Georgia's Secretary of State is investigating a complaint from a Douglas County voter who was surprised at what he was told he would have to do simply to cast his ballot.
The man was told he would not be allowed to vote as long as he was wearing his NRA Instructor hat.
The poll worker told him that his hat is against the law at the polling place.
"I wear my hat everywhere I go," said the voter, Bundy Cobb.
Cobb was wearing his NRA Instructor hat last week when he walked into the Douglas County Courthouse to vote. He said he has worn the same hat at least two other times while voting there. And he is, in fact, a certified NRA firearms instructor, at his business "True Aim Defense."
But this time, a poll worker told Cobb to take off the hat, or leave.
"She said, 'Your hat has NRA on it.' I said, 'What's that got to do with anything?' She said, 'It's perceived to be Republican Party.' I said, 'That ain't right. That don't make no sense.' I complied so I could to go in there and vote."
Cobb speaks of his passion for the U.S. Constitution, and for training people in the responsible ownership of firearms.
But, he said, he never thought of the hat as a political statement.
Douglas County Elections Supervisor Laurie Fulton declined to comment.
County Spokesman Wes Tallon emailed to 11Alive News an NRA campaign flyer for Georgia GOP candidates, to illustrate why Cobb's NRA hat was not allowed at the polling place -- because of the state law and county ordinance that ban campaign materials at polling places.
Cobb's NRA hat, Tallon wrote, "represented an organization that had certain well-advertised views and was active in the Georgia gubernatorial campaigning."
"To me it's really ridiculous," Cobb said. "My cap is advertisement for me. It doesn't endorse any candidate or a political party. Because all parties are affiliated with the NRA, you know. So it didn't have anything to do with the campaign. I wasn't campaigning, I was just there to vote. That's all I wanted to do, was vote."
Cobb hopes the Georgia Secretary of State will rule the hat is not a political statement.
"I'm hoping they'll change the way they look at it, and not, you know, harrass people when they go in there to vote."
Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court let stand a law in Minnesota that bans political attire at polling places.
So the issue here is whether Bundy Cobb's NRA instructor cap is political attire, even if he's not trying to make a political statement.

Right after a voter wearing an "I love Obama" shirt picked up their ballot, and just before another voter wearing a 6" "stop global warming" button got their ballot... Right?

Never mind the fact the NRA endorsed Harry Reid last election cycle. :rolleyes:

She said, 'It's perceived to be
This is the part that bothers me the most - "It's perceived to be" what and by WHOM? This can open a Pandora's Box wide open. Lets try a couple 'Perceptions':
Flowers on a hat or clothing - perceived as a Hippy liberal democrat
Man with a bald head - perceived as a White Supremest Republican

Last Edited:
Well how about this - all those who are Democrats and support he 2nd amendment should stand up and cry "foul"! Many get upset and tell us that 2nd amendment rights are not a Republican only thing, so they should be very vocal about protecting this man's right to wear his non-partisan hat. Come on Dems, be vocal and stand up for this injustice. Remind them that 2nd amendment rights are for Dems too! You should be insulted that they consider NRA to be a Republican group. Right?

:s0114:Again, folks like this lady need to be hanged.

It's the only way.

Clearly there isn't a single person running that show that can be trusted. Oooh man, had that been here in Oregon Id make it a point to drive down and give her a piece of my mind.

Incidents like this are utterly disgusting.

Right after a voter wearing an "I love Obama" shirt picked up their ballot, and just before another voter wearing a 6" "stop global warming" button got their ballot... Right?

Never mind the fact the NRA endorsed Harry Reid last election cycle. :rolleyes:

There is a big difference between endorse and giving a score based on actual viting record. There was not much to base it on and all there was from the azzes state. I don't believe they would ever "endorse" that brown log.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top