JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any idea when he is going to open the match to more than "die hard regulars"? Emailed
but got no reply.

It's unfortunate that you never got a reply to your email (not surprised in the least though). Your best bet is to seek out a member here on the forum, who is also a member at TCGC and would be willing to let you come to the match as their guest. You could then ask the match director (Nick) if you can shoot the match or not. The down side is he could say no and you would be out your time and effort. :(

Another option, is you could shoot the speed steel matches at ARPC. It's a better run match and I only shoot the TCGC match when I have a scheduling conflict with ARPC. Of course, YMMV. At any rate, I hope you can get out to a speed steel match at either venue. :)

Last Edited:
No idea but I can ask him at the match on Sunday. Are you talking about only MOS or the monthly matches?
The regular first Sunday match. Website sez:
Speed Steel is currently only open to TCGC members, and participants who are "die-hard regulars" at the match

I don't shoot a lot of steel--much more involved with USPSA---but it would be fun to shoot a few matches.

take amity on 99 to albany, get onto 7 mile lane and straight shoot it pretty much all the way into arpc! and NO I5 traffic! how lucky is that!
I shoot both locations, tcgc more so than albany, but albany is a blast none the less with the right folks to squad with, one can talk smack all day, or take smack just the same.

ARPC is a obviously farther away from you than TCGC, but it's worth the drive. The match director for speed steel is WAY more responsive to email inquiries. Non "die hard regulars" are welcome too! ;)

I agree, it's a great match. Takes me an hour and a half to get there, but worth the drive. Now that restaurants are open again, we make a day of it and stop for lunch along the way home. Makes for a fun day.

The regular first Sunday match. Website sez:
Speed Steel is currently only open to TCGC members, and participants who are "die-hard regulars" at the match

I don't shoot a lot of steel--much more involved with USPSA---but it would be fun to shoot a few matches.
I will ask Nick Sunday. If you want to come and see if you can shoot you can meet me there. I just could not gaurantee Nick will let you.

ARPC is a obviously farther away from you than TCGC, but it's worth the drive. The match director for speed steel is WAY more responsive to email inquiries. Non "die hard regulars" are welcome too! ;)

ARPC is roughly 20 miles further one way, but no problem there. I'm on 99, we run south to just past Adair,
through Albany and south to Shedd. Made that trip hundreds of times. 51 miles my house to the range.
Problem is that it is the day after Dundee USPSA, and we try to keep one day per weekend free for whatever.
Might just do it this month---I've got a itch for some Speed Steel. Really wish someone would step up and
start a steel match at Dundee----

Nick said we would definitely have MOS this year but when depends on the state and the club's guidelines on covid. He said most likely August or September.

As someone that squads with BWH on a fairly regular basis, he speaks the truth! Good times for sure! :D
ARPC Speed Steel is one match that I have been pretty regular at for many years rain freeze or shine (although I usually squad with the guy who brings the propane heater on the cold days ;)).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top