JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also, the way it was done in the past, a person had to shoot at least 3 matches (going back 12 months) prior to being allowed to shoot MOS. Since nearly all the match fees collected from the previous year are used for prizes (raffled off) at MOS, the hard core "regulars" (including me), did not take kindly to folks showing up to a match or two and then participating in MOS just for the chance to win a gun or knife. :rolleyes: Not cool.

MOS sounds pretty sweet from what you guys are talking about, but seems a little hard to get into. I don't mind going to a bunch of matches but if the regular steel matches are only open to die hards and members is there any luck for me to get in?

I've been very reluctant to post my next comment(s) on an open forum (those that know me or shoot with me outside the forum may have already heard me speak to this), but I feel it's important though and the time to say it is now.

My intent is not to insult, offend, disparage or look down on the current administrative staff for speed steel at TCGC, but I firmly believe the time has come for said admin staff to step down and hand the reins over to new staff who are willing to work at correcting some of the current deficiencies and making positive improvements to speed steel overall.

For the record, if speed steel was a NASCAR team, I would not be the driver, but someone in the pit crew. Suffice to say, there are folks currently in place to readily assume the administrative duties of speed steel at TCGC.

So I'm closing, if you currently shoot speed steel matches at TCGC, you are also a TCGC member in good standing, and my above comments resonate with you, let's talk. I'd love to converse with you via pm. In person, either before or after a speed steel match is even better! :)

MOS sounds pretty sweet from what you guys are talking about, but seems a little hard to get into. I don't mind going to a bunch of matches but if the regular steel matches are only open to die hards and members is there any luck for me to get in?

If you don't already shoot speed steel at ARPC, then I highly recommend it. While they don't have an annual MOS type match like TCGC, they do put on a better match overall IMHO.

According to Nick they are. Not supposed to have non-members at the matches. I think he wants to open it to others besides members.

I would think a simple phone call or email to the paid staff at TCGC from the match director of speed steel asking for confirmation or clarification of the current COVID protocol, would clear this matter up in no time. I won't be holding my breath though. I still stand by my previous statement. YMMV

I would think a simple phone call or email to the paid staff at TCGC from the match director of speed steel asking for confirmation or clarification of the current COVID protocol, would clear this matter up in no time. I won't be holding my breath though. I still stand by my previous statement. YMMV
Thanks, I'll see what comes of it.

I competed last month and I'll be there again this month but thank you! It was a really great time, I just want as much trigger time as I can get. I'll have to meet you next time!

You could always run two guns. I like to do that on occasion. Some days it's really hard to decide if I want to run a pistol or a rifle. Never ran both with centerfire (9mm) but have done it several times with my .22's.
Loading mags for two guns can be a pain though. Especially if the squads are small. Still really fun! :)

You could always run two guns. I like to do that on occasion. Some days it's really hard to decide if I want to run a pistol or a rifle. Never ran both with centerfire (9mm) but have done it several times with my .22's.
Loading mags for two guns can be a pain though. Especially if the squads are small. Still really fun! :)
I've thought about it, I have a couple guns set up for it so I may some day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top