JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I had a good time but the one complaint I have would be that I saw a lot of safety violations especially from one group the biggest violation was over the burn every time from one individual I thought they where duck hunting. Well at least they used there safety! I found it odd that none of there RO's said anything to the violators it was like they had blinders on. Oh well at least I had fun!

I'm happy to hear that you had a good time at the match, and I'm also very disturbed to hear about your complaint. We don't want speed steel to have a reputation like that. Safety is the responsibility of everyone. I understand if an individual (who observes safety violations) doesn't want to confront the RO or the competitor, but I'd hope that the individual would inform me (or the MD) ASAP so that we can check/monitor/take action. I think that when a situation is significant enough that one posts about it in this manner, it's significant enough to promptly inform match officials. I can't promptly act on things that I'm not told about, and I didn't know about this until I was directed to this post.

I have no qualms about DQing participants when I see a safety violation, and I have no qualms about instructing an individual not to RO if I think they're not capable of respecting/enforcing our safety requirements (I'm referring to general range safety, not simply a firearm's manual safety), but I need a bit of help from everybody - if you see something that concerns you, please tell me.

I hope you'll send me a PM with all the details so that I can monitor the situation.

Thanks,

ac

Well I can't speak for Bubblegum Pile even though he's my brother and I know where he stands, but I'm done with Speed Steel.

I'm not going to rehash what's already been said, but if any regulars (and you know who you are) Would like to pick my brain on this matter, I'll be happy to make myself available at the conclusion of any future SS match to discuss my reasons.

So in conclusion, SS is about having fun, which I had been having up till a few matches ago. Currently though, not so much and now is the time to "step away".

I'm not sure if I'm one of the "regulars" that you referred to, but I'm interested in hearing more from you. Please consider PMing me.

Thanks,

ac

Well I can't speak for Bubblegum Pile even though he's my brother and I know where he stands, but I'm done with Speed Steel.

I'm not going to rehash what's already been said, but if any regulars (and you know who you are) Would like to pick my brain on this matter, I'll be happy to make myself available at the conclusion of any future SS match to discuss my reasons.

So in conclusion, SS is about having fun, which I had been having up till a few matches ago. Currently though, not so much and now is the time to "step away".
Yep I'm out especially after what I witnessed and heard through out the day and that's all I have to say about that! Maybe next MOS they'll give all the guns away to people who don't want to participate due to safety rules! Must be present to win oh my goodness that was a lie!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top