JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, let me be the one to start the thread. We're SOOOO close to Man of Steel at TCGC and I'm ecstatic!

So as many of you know me, I'm bring my Dad as well as my good friend Pete, who is a great shooter from southern oregon (roseburg area). This one will be especially special for me as my father got news he is being asked to transfer to SoCal for work. He's a pastor for a church that wants him down at their home office in LA. :( Right when my wife and I are expecting our first child in August. Oh well. :(

I've had issues the past 2 steel matches with crappy gun issues, first .22 issues with my cranky Volquartsen and then my new Stock II had issues with Blazer Brass 9mm last month. Well, this time, I've reloaded tons of options and went out and shot them at TCGC today. So now with 147gr 9mm and 3.5gr of HP-38 my Stock II runs flawlessly at .22LR recoil levels. Watch out NWGlockGal and the rest of you TCGC steel crew!:p:cool:

Anyone else signed up? I'm excited as this will be my first MoS. I started steel challenge just after MoS 2016. Good luck everyone and it'll be 65 degrees and no rain! :D:D:D Oops, hope I didn't jynx it...

So, you lookin' forward to it as well??

:D:D:D:D:D:D

akeefer, congratulations on the impending birth in August!

I'll be at MOS, although I changed from Limited to .22 Open.

It's a lot of fun, looking forward to it!

Last Edited:
I was stocking up on ammo at NW Armory Tigard and got called out -

If you need some, I paid 9.50 a box ( case of 10 or 20) 115gr. If your gun will run it ... couple of different brands are available. A 3rd brand at 10/box.

Also note the EARLY start time.

Woo Hoo! I won, ... a knife !. CRTK M21

I think there were 103 shooters, they were not 100% sure.
I was called up 102nd for the raffle.

Excellent weather, good time, well run match.

I had one little miss-hap. I had a mag "explode" as I seated it, the base plate came out, as did everything else. My one non-Smith mag.

@akeefer squad?

Last Edited:
@RicInOR Squad 6. 12 of 27 in Limited. My second match ever shooting limited. (first one last month was plagued by 3 shots max before FTE in my Stock 2) Only shot .22LR before. Not too bad I'd like to think. Always improving. Started remembering fundamentals towards the last half of the match and did a lot better. At least this time my gun went for all but 2 misfires, so that helped!

Sunburnt and exhausted!

-Aaron

I made a couple of mistakes that cost time (I kept forgetting to shut off the stupid safety) and a mis-fire.
So I placed in the middle of the pack (12 out of 21 for .220) but I did do better than last year time wise and over all placement wise.

It was a lot of fun. My name was chosen near the end of the drawing so the knives were pretty picked over.
Ended up with a Gerber Guardian Back up-Double Edge which I know nothing about. But it looked cool!

Perfect weather, a lot of fun. Can't wait until next year!

Last Edited:
Well I had a good time but the one complaint I have would be that I saw a lot of safety violations especially from one group the biggest violation was over the burn every time from one individual I thought they where duck hunting. Well at least they used there safety! I found it odd that none of there RO's said anything to the violators it was like they had blinders on. Oh well at least I had fun!

Well I had a good time but the one complaint I have would be that I saw a lot of safety violations especially from one group the biggest violation was over the burn every time from one individual I thought they where duck hunting. Well at least they used there safety! I found it odd that none of there RO's said anything to the violators it was like they had blinders on. Oh well at least I had fun!
What squad were you on?

Well I can't speak for Bubblegum Pile even though he's my brother and I know where he stands, but I'm done with Speed Steel.

I'm not going to rehash what's already been said, but if any regulars (and you know who you are) Would like to pick my brain on this matter, I'll be happy to make myself available at the conclusion of any future SS match to discuss my reasons.

So in conclusion, SS is about having fun, which I had been having up till a few matches ago. Currently though, not so much and now is the time to "step away".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top