JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The moral to this story is.."get your brain fully engaged BEFORE you say something on the internet, period".

If you want to say something negative about a Government official, go ahead ! (I do all the time) But, Do not include any reference to physical violence whatsoever, in that statement. If you do, you are asking for what you get.

BTW It shouldn't be a secret to anyone that making a threat on a government official, especially a Federal official, elected, judge etc. is not only illegal, it's a Felony. This is not anything new, it's been around for decades and depending on the circumstances, may even be investigated by the FBI or Secret Service. The First Amendment wont help.

Quick question....where was all this pre-emptive gun confiscation when Jared Loughner was actually blogging about killing cops on his facebook page?

This guy makes some snide comment about the shooting (in very poor taste) and is turned over promptly to the authorities and loses his guns. Jared Loughner rants for months about "mind control" and his distaste for the government, gets thrown out of his college until he gets a mental eval, then states "I want to kill a cop" but nobody says a word until after he shoould a dozen plus people!

BAH!

One thing to keep in mind here, this was Arlington, Massachusetts. . . not Arlington WA. In a lot of May Issue states (dunno about MA's laws, I'm theorizing here), you have to show "good moral character" to get a permit, and if your "moral character" comes into question, you can have your permit suspended for review, and revoked. Until the 2A is really honored again, this will keep coming up.

That being said, charges are probably dependent on whether this is considered a credible threat or not. If he actually threatened lives, then there is a legitimate reason to charge this guy, and even here in WA that would get a permit pulled. I think here the charges would actually have to be filed first though.

One thing to keep in mind here, this was Arlington, Massachusetts. . . not Arlington WA. In a lot of May Issue states (dunno about MA's laws, I'm theorizing here), you have to show "good moral character" to get a permit, and if your "moral character" comes into question, you can have your permit suspended for review, and revoked. Until the 2A is really honored again, this will keep coming up.

That being said, charges are probably dependent on whether this is considered a credible threat or not. If he actually threatened lives, then there is a legitimate reason to charge this guy, and even here in WA that would get a permit pulled. I think here the charges would actually have to be filed first though.

+1. Also, the news did not report everything. Who knows what they found in this guys place. Did they find maps to houses and schedules of congress people? We don't know and we may never know.

Not sure which is worse, the statement the guy made (not classy at all), or the actions by the police. Fight one borderline crime with another I guess!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top