JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The opportunity to kill some one, and walk away with impunity, seems to be the motivation for becoming a police officer now. All we have to go on are the statements of the police officers. Who is to say the nozzle wasn't on the hose, coiled up next to the porch, like mine has been for years. Twist it off throw it down next to the body, no problem. A week or two off with pay, boy that's rough.

... and the internet seems to be the motivation for people to stop watching jerry springer, drop their social security check, get on the internet and comment about things they know nothing about. :s0112::s0112::s0112:

The opportunity to kill some one, and walk away with impunity, seems to be the motivation for becoming a police officer now. All we have to go on are the statements of the police officers. Who is to say the nozzle wasn't on the hose, coiled up next to the porch, like mine has been for years. Twist it off throw it down next to the body, no problem. A week or two off with pay, boy that's rough.

Add on the list, robbing innocent motorists:

Aurora: $190k seized because brothers were drug suspects - Chicago Breaking News

Tenaha, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<broken link removed>

http://www.ij.org/images/pdf_folder/other_pubs/assetforfeituretoemail.pdf

As if robbing the public using their union contracts isn't enough.

We should just disband the police and let some of you people deal with threats yourself. If we are to believe you, you'd be better at it than those trained to deal with it. I am curious why some of you tend to make outlandish claims about LEO's that are nothing but conjecture.

How about we do two things. First, wait until the LEO's are either brought before a civilian review board or a grand jury. See what comes out there. If they are found guilty, then that's that. Second, when you make grandiose statements about law enforcement, back it up with reliable data, because honestly, if you don't, it makes you sound dumber than you probably are...

We should just disband the police

Yes please. Take their pensions with them on the way out.

and let some of you people deal with threats yourself. If we are to believe you, you'd be better at it than those trained to deal with it.

I'd say any of us mundane civilians are better trained to deal with this particular "threat" (a harmless drunk with a hose) than any badge and gun.

Tell me, does any of that "training" include how to smash down doors at midnight and killing family pets: Police Raid Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home, Kill His 2 Dogs

More:

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6476
http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

This is not conjecture, it's documented fact.

cops should NOT fear defending their own lives- but they should be taught how to not shoot people who aren't threats.

That is what should have happened here.

Just because you THINK something or someone is a threat doesn't always mean its so.

Shouldnt the LEO's be able to understand the difference in somthing as important as this?

That situation they were in was what they have trained for, Right?

One of the most important reasons to BE SURE BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE!!!!!!

I have family, friends and neighbors who are cops. Just like anything, there are good and bad...you cannot judge all by a few bad. The era of cops getting away with murder is coming to an end with video and the like. Hopefully these morons get what they deserve IF they were in the wrong.

When all is said and done the man does have the right to hold a water nozzle in public, he also has the right to point it at someone, anyone, including the police, to the defenders, please post the law that says he cannot do this?

The burden is on the police not the man.

Was it stupid on the part of the man? I think the results make that obvious.

Tell me, does any of that "training" include how to smash down doors at midnight and killing family pets: Police Raid Berwyn Heights Mayor's Home, Kill His 2 Dogs

Holy Bubblegum, 32lbs of pot!!! He lives with his mother in law who named her daughter Trinity, i'm pretty sure they know exactly where that pot came from. The travesty here is that that 32lbs of pot could have been taxed, the SWAT team could have been busting down the doors of real criminals, and 2 black labs would have a slight contact high instead of being dead.

Holy Bubblegum, 32lbs of pot!!! He lives with his mother in law who named her daughter Trinity, i'm pretty sure they know exactly where that pot came from. The travesty here is that that 32lbs of pot could have been taxed, the SWAT team could have been busting down the doors of real criminals, and 2 black labs would have a slight contact high instead of being dead.

as i recall, the mayor and his family were 100% cleared. not their drugs.

i don't buy this. being involved in an OIS is a very stressful, unpleasant experience. your name gets drug through the mud, you're investigated and questioned, your family is harassed, your home is compromised, the citizens are calling for your job if your lucky, sometimes your head.. and if the shoot was at all questionable, you can kiss goodbye any chance at advancement in the department.

i don't think that's the problem at all. but i do think a police-officer sub-culture that views themselves are separate and on defense against the citizens, and very poor communication and weapon training, are largely to blame.

cops should NOT fear defending their own lives- but they should be taught how to not shoot people who aren't threats.

When I was deployed overseas in the Military, I was taught to only engage the ENEMY with deadly force, if my life was in danger. This is in a country, that is known to be violent toward America. The violent-per-capita is MUCH higher than America, and still, we are held to a certain set of standards. We can't just shoot someone because we think they are violent, we have to confirm, and when we are sure, confirm again. In the heat of battle, just about anything goes, but when walking around in the city, we have to be careful, or our heads are on the line. Here in America, it should be MUCH easier to figure out who the threats are. UGH.............. :( Too much needless killing going on.

but i do think a police-officer sub-culture that views themselves are separate and on defense against the citizens, and very poor communication and weapon training, are largely to blame.

I've had friends in law enforcement for forty years and that sub culture has always been their.

It would be interesting to know the job and training experience of both officers. They didn't respond to this call thinking "let's just kill this guy"

The only winners in this well be the lawyers.

I dont think that Long beach, Newport beach, Balboa or similar is where a cop has to deal with having gun threats everyday. This seems to be more of a case of scared out of their wits because they were having to deal with a supposed gun threat. Seems like even the media Q&A was a little overmanned with uniforms as well with very few even there to contribute. Just watch the expresion of the guy directly behind the guy talking when questions are asked.
Was a reserve cop in the area 30+ yrs ago. It had very dangerous "Indian country" even back then. What with the advent of opressive firearms legislation being totally ineffective, the coppers have even a harder job now. What a jerkwad that guy was. Drunk, pointing a device that mimics a firearm at a cop. Do you begrudge the officer the right to go home with the same amount of holes in his body that he started his shift with? Come on folks, pull your head out of the dark and stinky place. It's a dangerous world out there. Remember Rodney King and his merry band of rioters, the Watts riots, etc?. Greydog.

Wow!! Really? A throwdown hose nozzel? You must be HIGH!. Greydog.

When all is said and done the man does have the right to hold a water nozzle in public, he also has the right to point it at someone, anyone, including the police, to the defenders, please post the law that says he cannot do this?

The burden is on the police not the man.

Was it stupid on the part of the man? I think the results make that obvious.

:s0155:

It's unfortunate, but if you are holding something that resembles a handgun, and you are holding it like a gun, and pointing it like a gun, and you point it at any legally armed person, especially a trained law enforcement officer, you just might get yourself shot.

A few years ago, I and four other officers conducted a felony car stop on what tunred out to be a journalist holding a small tape recorder with a microphone taped to it. He was interviewing the driver of the vehicle, recording it, while holding it pointed at his head. It was reported as someone holding a gun to a drivers head. If while conducting this stop, that person would have pointed the tape recorder at us, he may have been shot. He followed instructions, and after we determined it was not a gun, they were released to drive away. This was a sunny afternoon, and I could not tell it wasn't a handgun. If the person with the spray nozzle had not been pretending to point a gun at others, he would likely be alive today.

Wow really? You would have shot the man with a microphone and tape recorder?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top