JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are plenty of incidents where a simple shoplifting turns into a robbery and then sometimes into a shooting/stabbing where the store security ends up dead.

BUT......Whatever.

Aloha, Mark

Since Brookins, the "good guy" with a gun, had no right to detain the shoplifters in the first place, what the officer came upon was a kidnapping in progress with an armed kidnapper. His response was appropriate. Sorry for all involved, but the officer did nothing wrong.

What if the races were reversed?

:mad: The entire narration by the guy in the video just shows me why we have Cops getting shot. The narrator says multiple times that the guy who was shot was NOT a threat. As he is standing there with a gun in his hand. Narrator says the Cop "murdered him" because he shot the moron who was holding a gun in his hand and had refused to put it down. WTF are the Cops supposed to do? There was a good video here just a few days ago from Chi Town that shows exactly why you should NOT assume the clown holding the gun is harmless. 4 Chi Town Cops go after that guy who they can not see the gun. He manages to shoot 2 or the 4 Cops before they can drop him. Yet this MORON on screw tube thinks the guy holding a gun and drinking something is harmless and Cop murdered him? o_Oo_O

:mad: The entire narration by the guy in the video just shows me why we have Cops getting shot. The narrator says multiple times that the guy who was shot was NOT a threat. As he is standing there with a gun in his hand. Narrator says the Cop "murdered him" because he shot the moron who was holding a gun in his hand and had refused to put it down. WTF are the Cops supposed to do? There was a good video here just a few days ago from Chi Town that shows exactly why you should NOT assume the clown holding the gun is harmless. 4 Chi Town Cops go after that guy who they can not see the gun. He manages to shoot 2 or the 4 Cops before they can drop him. Yet this MORON on screw tube thinks the guy holding a gun and drinking something is harmless and Cop murdered him? o_Oo_O
For some reason the vid kept crashing on me. Not watchable.

However, I knew it was going to be bad after the cartoon intro!!

You didn't miss much. Moron keeps stopping the video to say the kook with gun in hand was not a threat as he was refusing to put the gun down.
Ah........ maybe that's why I thought the vid was crashing, I didn't have the sound on so I don't bother they wifey. Glad I didn't watch it.

There was a similar, if not same, vid on the ASP channel where there was a guy up on the top of one of the aisle shelves, babbling about something, then he jumps down, runs around the corner, shoots at the cops, one cop falls down but not shot, then the guy runs out the back door. Not sure if they caught him or not, they didn't have anybody guarding the back exit.

That cop should be charged with murder.
He didn't give the guy time to drop his weapon.

You can say he shouldn't get involved, and I sure as heck wouldn't today, but that's whats wrong with this country, no one wants to get involved so criminals are empowered. They know people are sheep and ripe for taking advantage of.

Too many people nowadays are ready to show or point a gun when it's not needed.
There are some who do it because the can, not because it's needed.

I attempted to explain if one is present during an active shooting situation he/she should try to secure themselves and family and find a clear route of escape, and not even CONSIDER any bravado such as engaging the shooter - UNLESS YOU ARE CORNERED and have no other choice.
Completely agree. With even minimal foreknowledge of the situation, engagement is the last option for me.

Re. the shoplifting situation, it's pretty shameful the way crooks are allowed to walk away on this. BUT: It's a business decision. Retailers know the risk of potential costs that can result from confrontation. Used to be, crooks knew the risks. Attempts to apprehend were sometimes vigorous. And when apprehended, the police actually came and carted them away. None of these conditions are present today.

Point: In Seattle are shoplifters even harrassed by cops? In SF they just passed and ordnance that any shoplifting up to $925 is legal, ie a "civil matter" rather than a criminal infraction. At the same time, Walmart managers and employees are told not to approach shoplifters... just let em go... the store absorbs the cost.... uh, no the paying customers do in higher prices.
The stores don't loose.... they pass the costs on. The cops won't even respond unless the call has the magic word (assault) inserted. No point to respond.... liberal judges, DA's, city officials....you know those people that are voted into office to make things better, no they don't pay, they just get re-elected... It's a continual cycle.

The poor store employees end up paying when corporate cuts their health benefits, hours, and reduce employees with layoffs. It's amazing more store employees don't loose it when they have to watch this shoplifter scum, daily steal out of their pockets. They know who is really paying and that there is nothing they can do about it. As usual, it's the innocent guy on the bottom of the food chain that takes it in the back.

Shoplifting isn't stealing to feed the kids anymore, it's a big industry unto itself. The scumbags work in teams, two go in to fill shopping carts, maybe a third to go in for backup and cause a diversion, then a driver is waiting in a car with no plates. The thieves take high dollar items (cosmetics, liquor, diapers ! ) off the shelves by order, and then push overfilled carts to the parking lot.

These are then passed on to organized crime resale scams which then end up on (certain) mom and pop resale outlet shelves. So where does the profit end up ? See first paragraph. 💰💰 :s0002:

Very sad indeed but, maybe some others who carry will see this and THINK, when they are out. Guy chased the shoplifters to another area and then jumped out to hold them at gun point. Over shoplifting. Having the ability to carry does NOT turn people into a Cop. If the Police had arrested the theft people they would have been promptly turned loose. So what the hell is the point of trying to take them down at gun point?
Not to mention a LOT of the scum who steal are armed. If they had pulled a gun to fire at the "good guy" what happens when some person walking by gets hit by either the "good guy" or the scum? Again over a shoplift. People who chose to carry need to use their damn brain.
In Arizona -- where this occurred, he is guilty of 'using a weapon in a threatening manner.' You may not brandish a firearm unless out of clearly articulable self defense.

AZ, as a constitutional carry state, does not require any training to carry open or concealed as a non-prohibited person. That said, this poor fellow surely illustrated the critical importance of understanding the law and following lawful orders of police. Sad story, tho...

Your toter's permit is not a Batman badge.

ARIZONA – (PPD) – The Phoenix Police Department released a Critical Incident Briefing (CIB) video that includes audio, visuals and information related to an officer-involved shooting (OIS) which occurred on June 3rd, 2021, in the area of 15th Avenue and Camelback Road.
Don't even need a permit in AZ, FWIW. But yeah, this guy bubblegummed up and he paid with his life.

Very sad indeed but, maybe some others who carry will see this and THINK, when they are out. Guy chased the shoplifters to another area and then jumped out to hold them at gun point. Over shoplifting. Having the ability to carry does NOT turn people into a Cop. If the Police had arrested the theft people they would have been promptly turned loose. So what the hell is the point of trying to take them down at gun point?
Not to mention a LOT of the scum who steal are armed. If they had pulled a gun to fire at the "good guy" what happens when some person walking by gets hit by either the "good guy" or the scum? Again over a shoplift. People who chose to carry need to use their damn brain.
There are a lot of details missing in the video, but no state that I'm aware of allows you to hold shoplifters at gunpoint. I suspect there's more to this story and the cops are only releasing the bare minimum as there's an ongoing investigation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top