JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really wish the citizen had something better to say than "this is a violation of my second-amendment rights," over and over again, 'cause no cop ever gave a flying bubblegum about anyone's second-amendment rights anyway. Local laws? Yes- Constitutional rights? Negatory.

However.... I really hope, while knowing there is none, that cop suffers. Whatever happened to the good ol' Section 1983 tort suit?

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Still no excuse for frivolous arrests.

If you are going to open carry,have a copy of the local/state laws on you for the cops to read.
And I agree,the repeating of second amendment rights violation got old.He should have know the statue for the city

And y'all know they won't get even a slap on the wrist.

Our last, best hope is honest local policing.
I sincerely want to believe that when push comes to shove, they'll follow their conscience even when it conflicts with their orders.

Sure, this is an egregious example - but it's out there, on line, and everybody's looking at it and commenting on it. Maybe videos like this will make a difference.

its always a loud mouth with a video camera available with these open carry incidents.
strutting around the"gay pride"lol,parade with a gun on your hip,then saying your gonna tell the aclu?lol again!
the aclu is on the wrong side of gun owners.
this guy is a train wreck,are you tough?or are you gay?are you a soldier?or are you a rebel?i have never seen a gay packing a gun at a gay"pride",lol)it just looks out of place,maybe if he had a pink ruger lcp it might fit in at the "gay pride"parade?with a nice little rainbow holster.

Our last, best hope is honest local policing.
I sincerely want to believe that when push comes to shove, they'll follow their conscience even when it conflicts with their orders.

Sure, this is an egregious example - but it's out there, on line, and everybody's looking at it and commenting on it. Maybe videos like this will make a difference.

Dude... I mean this without any hostility toward you... but I think you need to wake up. Any chance local police would end up on our side was completely eliminated when officers started wearing body armor as part of their day-to-day patrol uniform.

Modern municipal police officers are taught, from the very beginning, with rigid entry requirements, that they are special people, above everyone else. They're told they're smarter than us, make much better decisions than us, are much more morally capable than us, tougher than us, etc. They're also told, while being drilled on "officer-safety" tactics daily, that we're NOT for them, that we resent them (self-fullfilling thing, that is), that we'd sooner shoot them in the side-panel then hand them our drivers' license, and that if the S really does ever HTF, they'd better watch out, 'cause we're gonna "turn" on them.

And they really seem to like all of this... like, a LOT.

These people are not gonna shrug off their elitist mindset or lifestyle for you.

If you are going to open carry,have a copy of the local/state laws on you for the cops to read.
And I agree,the repeating of second amendment rights violation got old.He should have know the statue for the city

And y'all know they won't get even a slap on the wrist.

I get your sentiment, but it does point out a very troubling reality. The Constitution is supposed to be the law of the land. No state or local laws are supposed to be more limiting than it, and yet when it comes to 2A people are advising having a copy of local laws on one's person.
Are we supposed to do the same with the 1st and the 4th?
Would anyone put up with that?

Modern municipal police officers are taught, from the very beginning, with rigid entry requirements, that they are special people, above everyone else. They're told they're smarter than us, make much better decisions than us, are much more morally capable than us, tougher than us, etc. They're also told, while being drilled on "officer-safety" tactics daily, that we're NOT for them, that we resent them (self-fullfilling thing, that is), that we'd sooner shoot them in the side-panel then hand them our drivers' license, and that if the S really does ever HTF, they'd better watch out, 'cause we're gonna "turn" on them.

And they really seem to like all of this... like, a LOT.

These people are not gonna shrug off their elitist mindset or lifestyle for you.

WashCo Sheriff's Dept. is not that. Not in my experience. A lot of the people in this Dept. are third-generation cops, and they take immense pride in their jobs and their responsibilities.

It really only takes a few bad interactions to sour the citizenry on cops, but you know who you'll call when you really need help. As a young man I had my share of bad times with cops, most of which I brought on myself. But the older I get, the happier I am to see them. I'm not macho enough to take on a rioting mob or a Crip house across the street - maybe you are.

I'm actually impressed that they can remain as professional as they do, given the lowlife dirtbag sh!theels that they have to rub up against every single work day. And then to encounter a bunch of mouthy upper-middle-class kids who are protesting for the right to smoke weed and get paid for not working? There's a reason for all their training and practice, so they don't give in to the desire to throttle all those dumb punks.

There are already examples of local LEO's resisting Federal officers and their imperial overreach; I have hope that the trend will grow.

^Considering that the said interaction took place over at least 13 minutes (of video), you cannot say that there was not more than enough time for the LEO's involved to do a small amount of research and educate the public of the law. If for no other reason than to not personally embarass themselves on video - especially the LEO that approached with his opening statement being, "You are about to get the bubblegum kicked out of you."

In WA 720 hours of LEO training is required before you go into the field. I would assume that there is a similar requirement in CO. Considering the amount of resources that are spent on training the individual LEO, I find it hard to believe that they, "Do not know" some of the most basic laws or that command simply forgot to pass the word along.

WashCo Sheriff's Dept. is not that. Not in my experience. A lot of the people in this Dept. are third-generation cops, and they take immense pride in their jobs and their responsibilities.

My sole experience with WashCo SD is encountering them staging mass ambushes of Intel employees on the evening commute and handing out BS tickets.

And then to encounter a bunch of mouthy upper-middle-class kids who are protesting for the right to smoke weed and get paid for not working? There's a reason for all their training and practice, so they don't give in to the desire to throttle all those dumb punks.

Cops who have the urge to strangle innocent people protesting government pharmaceutical fascism should be locked up instead of being trusted with a badge and a gun.

There are already examples of local LEO's resisting Federal officers and their imperial overreach; I have hope that the trend will grow.

Show me these examples. The last time I checked, every local police dept is slavishly serving every federal drug war edict in return for military surplus equipment.

It really only takes a few bad interactions to sour the citizenry on cops, but you know who you'll call when you really need help. As a young man I had my share of bad times with cops, most of which I brought on myself. But the older I get, the happier I am to see them. I'm not macho enough to take on a rioting mob or a Crip house across the street - maybe you are.

I'm actually impressed that they can remain as professional as they do, given the lowlife dirtbag sh!theels that they have to rub up against every single work day. And then to encounter a bunch of mouthy upper-middle-class kids who are protesting for the right to smoke weed and get paid for not working? There's a reason for all their training and practice, so they don't give in to the desire to throttle all those dumb punks.

Have you ever done a ride-along?

WashCo has some decent people- but they also have a policy of authoritarianism, and some of the worst thuggish cops I've ever encountered. I remember one instance in particular when we went out to =talk= to a guy about a super thin restraining order violation. The "perp" had called at 8:03, violating terms of the restraining order which stipulated no calls after 8. The guy didn't get off work until 8, so it was hard for him to get that evening call in to his son. My deputy just wanted to warn him and leave in peace. Our cover deputy interjected with hostility at every sentence, aggravated the situation WAY beyond what it should have/could have been, and when the subject finally got tired of this deputy's rude interruptions and started getting an attitude back, cover-deputy pulled out his cuffs and arrested for the RO violation (the one WE, the responding unit, were going to ignore). This is, of course, what the deputy had been trying to provoke from the moment he got there.

Wish I could remember that deputy's name... it wasn't the only time I observed bad behavior from him.

Couple of pointsIMHO,
Good example of'group think' by the officers here. One or two had it in their mind that theywere on the right side and the others just went along.

Next point...thearmed citizen did not do himself any favors with his flamboyant protestation.In fact, the cops, like most human beings are going to give little ear tosomeone being a azzhole even if they are right. At least they kept their cool.They would have been justified in strong arming him to the ground when he saidhe would not comply with being handcuffed or placed in the car. As an aside,once your original complaint is well noted in a clear and calm manner, thenbeing cuffed and stuffed only strengthens your case and increases the damages.Had the guy acted more rationally he MIGHT of gotten one of them to actuallyverify the statute they thought he was breaking... So my guess is that our 'hero'was more interested in a nice check than actually defending the 2A.

Why do these almostalways have to be people who are bent on making gun owners look like wackos.All he had to do was protest in a non aggressive and reasonable manner and thenhis credibility would be increased among the general public IMHO. All that outburstdoes is make people paint us all with the same brush.

I just don't have any use for them, don't want to pay taxes for more of them. Don't like what they've become.

Not a cop hater.

I'd rather see all the billions being spent to militarize the police be spent on things that help people. If we are going to print ourselves into oblivion and go the hyperinflation route I'd rather see a bum on the street get a chicken sandwich or no new stupid taxes.
Get rid of all the alphabet gangs that are all corrupt to the core.

But then that is a pipe dream. It is just going to get worse and worse.

If every police budget was cut 75% tomorrow it would not affect me in any way. Maybe there would be less of a chance that if I am driving 62 in a 55 I would be detained and ticketed, but that is about it. No cop is ever going to come to my rescue or 'serve me.'

Thanks to lies/fear-mongering, people have no problem supporting their own eventual and probable enslavement as the economy slowly slides into the abyss. In layman terms, it sucks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top