JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think he watched South Park and was channeling Butters. didn't click

butters_cartman_falloutshelter.jpg

Doesn't surprise me at all.Takes all kinds.
There are people that won't leave their homes for their lifetime.
Insanity abounds.

Gotta be fake but a good reminder for all you extreme preppers to have backup radios and batteries etc. Some islands in the Pacific had Japanese still thinking the war was going on years after it was over so this could happen. BTW Blast From the Past is a movie about this that's pretty funny.

Gotta be fake but a good reminder for all you extreme preppers to have backup radios and batteries etc. Some islands in the Pacific had Japanese still thinking the war was going on years after it was over so this could happen. BTW Blast From the Past is a movie about this that's pretty funny.

Yeah some years later were still thinking they were in the war when found.
Here are just a few excerpts from a search.
Search string = 'Japanese found on Island years after the war'
===========================================

Japanese Soldier Hiroo Onoda Surrenders 29 Years After End of ...

history1900s.about.com/od/worldwarii/a/soldiersurr.htm - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Unaware that World War II had ended, Lt. Hiroo Onoda of the Japanese army spent 30 years hiding on the remote Philippine island of Lubang. ... a cow, they found a leaflet left behind by the islanders which read: "The war ended on August 15.

60 years after the war ends, two soldiers emerge from the jungle ...

www.theguardian.com/world/2005/may/28/secondworldwar.japan - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

May 27, 2005 ... 60 years after the war ends, two soldiers emerge from the jungle ... when they emerged from the dense jungle of a Philippine island was yesterday ... Mr Koizumi told reporters that if the two were found to be Japanese soldiers, ...

Hiroo Onoda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Service/branch, War flag of the Imperial Japanese Army.svg ... On December 26, 1944, he was sent to Lubang Island in the Philippines. ... that the war was over was in October 1945; another cell had killed a cow and found a leaflet left ... No Surrender: My Thirty-Year War, shortly after his return,

A Japanese Soldier Who Continued Fighting WWII 29 Years After the

www.todayifoundout.com/ index.php/ 2010/ 02/ a-japanese-soldier-who-continued-fighting-wwii-29-years-after-the-jap anese-surrendered-because-he-didnt-know/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Feb 9, 2010 ... A Japanese Soldier Who Continued Fighting WWII 29 Years After the ... Shortly after the island was conquered the remaining Japanese soldiers split ... The Japanese then sent a search party to try to find Onoda in the jungle.

Chronology of Japanese Holdouts - Wanpela

www.wanpela.com/holdouts/list.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Captain Oba's company of Japanese soldiers who held out after the Battle for Saipan ... of a Japanese vessel sunk by the American military found their way to the island of ... Thus, six years after the end of World War II, "Operation Removal" got ...

Japanese Holdouts: Registry - Wanpela

www.wanpela.com/holdouts/registry.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

February 22, 1946 - Lubang island Allied casualties in a post WWII battle ... "WAR IS OVER An 85-year-old Japanese soldier has been found on the Philippine ...

Japanese Holdouts: Brief History - Wanpela

www.wanpela.com/holdouts/history.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

It was months and in some cases years before these men realized the war was over. ... Even after decades after the war was over, Japanese holdouts wept openly ... of Japanese soldiers were left isolated on remote islands when the war ended. ... those that were never found, and ex-Japanese soldiers w

Did some Japanese soldiers hold out for years after WWII? Plus

www.straightdope.com/ columns/ read/ 336/ did-some-japanese-soldiers-hold-out-for-years-after-wwii - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Mar 10, 2000 ... Two hundred Japanese soldiers were captured on the island of Mindanao ... Finally the Japanese government located his commanding officer, who went ... I' ve been following an online discussion about the origin of the WWII ...

60 years in hiding for WWII soldiers? - The Seattle Times

www.seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2002291668_lost28.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

May 28, 2005 ... Sixty years after the guns of World War II went silent, reports that two Japanese Imperial Army soldiers had been found in the mountains. ... the restive southern island of Mindanao since they were separated from their division, ...

Shoichi Yokoi, the Japanese soldier who held out in Guam - BBC

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16681636 - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Jan 23, 2012 ... It's exactly 40 years since a Japanese soldier was found in the ... on the Philippine island of Lubang for many years after the end of the war.

OK - a few things come to mind with this -primarily, they say his house was still standing and his car was still in the garage... if I didn't pay taxes on my property for 15 years I'm sure that the govt would have seized it and auctioned it off for non payment.

OK - a few things come to mind with this -primarily, they say his house was still standing and his car was still in the garage... if I didn't pay taxes on my property for 15 years I'm sure that the govt would have seized it and auctioned it off for non payment.

Yeah that would make sense ???
Puzzling.

Yeah some years later were still thinking they were in the war when found.
Here are just a few excerpts from a search.
Search string = 'Japanese found on Island years after the war'
===========================================

Japanese Soldier Hiroo Onoda Surrenders 29 Years After End of ...

history1900s.about.com/od/worldwarii/a/soldiersurr.htm - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Unaware that World War II had ended, Lt. Hiroo Onoda of the Japanese army spent 30 years hiding on the remote Philippine island of Lubang. ... a cow, they found a leaflet left behind by the islanders which read: "The war ended on August 15.

60 years after the war ends, two soldiers emerge from the jungle ...

60 years after the war ends, two soldiers emerge from the jungle | World news | The Guardian - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

May 27, 2005 ... 60 years after the war ends, two soldiers emerge from the jungle ... when they emerged from the dense jungle of a Philippine island was yesterday ... Mr Koizumi told reporters that if the two were found to be Japanese soldiers, ...

Hiroo Onoda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Service/branch, War flag of the Imperial Japanese Army.svg ... On December 26, 1944, he was sent to Lubang Island in the Philippines. ... that the war was over was in October 1945; another cell had killed a cow and found a leaflet left ... No Surrender: My Thirty-Year War, shortly after his return,

A Japanese Soldier Who Continued Fighting WWII 29 Years After the

Today I Found Out | Learn Interesting Facts Every Day index.php/ 2010/ 02/ a-japanese-soldier-who-continued-fighting-wwii-29-years-after-the-jap anese-surrendered-because-he-didnt-know/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Feb 9, 2010 ... A Japanese Soldier Who Continued Fighting WWII 29 Years After the ... Shortly after the island was conquered the remaining Japanese soldiers split ... The Japanese then sent a search party to try to find Onoda in the jungle.

Chronology of Japanese Holdouts - Wanpela

Chronology of Japanese Holdouts - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Captain Oba's company of Japanese soldiers who held out after the Battle for Saipan ... of a Japanese vessel sunk by the American military found their way to the island of ... Thus, six years after the end of World War II, "Operation Removal" got ...

Japanese Holdouts: Registry - Wanpela

Japanese Holdouts: Registry - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

February 22, 1946 - Lubang island Allied casualties in a post WWII battle ... "WAR IS OVER An 85-year-old Japanese soldier has been found on the Philippine ...

Japanese Holdouts: Brief History - Wanpela

Japanese Holdouts: Brief History - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

It was months and in some cases years before these men realized the war was over. ... Even after decades after the war was over, Japanese holdouts wept openly ... of Japanese soldiers were left isolated on remote islands when the war ended. ... those that were never found, and ex-Japanese soldiers w

Did some Japanese soldiers hold out for years after WWII? Plus

The Straight Dope - Fighting Ignorance Since 1973 columns/ read/ 336/ did-some-japanese-soldiers-hold-out-for-years-after-wwii - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Mar 10, 2000 ... Two hundred Japanese soldiers were captured on the island of Mindanao ... Finally the Japanese government located his commanding officer, who went ... I' ve been following an online discussion about the origin of the WWII ...

60 years in hiding for WWII soldiers? - The Seattle Times

<broken link removed> - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

May 28, 2005 ... Sixty years after the guns of World War II went silent, reports that two Japanese Imperial Army soldiers had been found in the mountains. ... the restive southern island of Mindanao since they were separated from their division, ...

Shoichi Yokoi, the Japanese soldier who held out in Guam - BBC

BBC News - Shoichi Yokoi, the Japanese soldier who held out in Guam - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Jan 23, 2012 ... It's exactly 40 years since a Japanese soldier was found in the ... on the Philippine island of Lubang for many years after the end of the war.

I remember reading one Soldier would not surrender until they found the guys CO who came onto the island and officially relieved him. It was guys like this that made us Bleed for every inch of ground we took.

My ex's ancestor was one guys that responded to the ruckus at Lexington, he was working on a DR.'s farm about 1/2 hour's run to the fight and had made a living with his fighting skills several times prior under the Brits due to the poor soil in New England he had little choice, nearly all of his decendants served as well, several died at Andersonville. Some became officers, at least one admiral. It was interesting to see the flow of history by tracing the family tree

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top