JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Video from Officers is not released per policy - will be in time.
There is a dispute over the time elapsed from when the Cops ordered him to "drop the weapon" until he is actually shot.

In any case, don't be the one holding the gun when the cops come in.
Put it somewhere you can control - maybe in the trash?

I feel like most cops are scared these days, when in doubt, trigger finger out.
Maybe tough to accept but this is most likely the case.

Especially given the situation of (from the article):
there was a struggle for the gun and that it was held by multiple people during the brawl inside the La Victoria Taqueria
And
"Officers gave repeated commands to drop the gun," Mata said. "However, the individual does not drop the gun and one officer shot more than one time, striking the individual."

Unfortunately in a situation like this the LEO has to take the situation at 'face value' and not hesitate - or he may be the one shot.

Since the body cam has not been released its pretty hard to tell what happened. I read that there was witness video but did not see any in the articles for some reason. It will be interesting to see the body cam video when they make it public. Does not seem to me like the PD there is doing themselves any favors by not releasing it now. Just feeds the narrative that they have something to hide by holding out.

Maybe tough to accept but this is most likely the case.

Especially given the situation of (from the article):
there was a struggle for the gun and that it was held by multiple people during the brawl inside the La Victoria Taqueria
And
"Officers gave repeated commands to drop the gun," Mata said. "However, the individual does not drop the gun and one officer shot more than one time, striking the individual."

Unfortunately in a situation like this the LEO has to take the situation at 'face value' and not hesitate - or he may be the one shot.
Lets wait and see the video before judging. Just because someone is holding a gun doesn't mean an officer has a green light to pew pew pew.

probably the best thing to do in a situation like that is take the gun, shoot the perp in the head, unload it and slide it under his dead bubblegum body and go get a coffee while you call 911.

absofukinlutely zero chance youre gonna see me waiting around for police to show up muzzles first when anything gun related has happened. those dudes do not ask questions.

Just because someone is holding a gun doesn't mean an officer has a green light to pew pew pew.
I'm going to disagree with that. Most certainly you should not bet your life on that philosophy.

The police are not required to sit there and "wait and see what the dude does with the gun" before they start shooting. They are NOT required to let the guy get the first shots off, before they return fire. If they perceive a threat...and a dude with a gun is pretty much universally perceived as a threat...they're going to start shooting at the slightest flinch, movement, eye blink, etc. They do not have the luxury of time in that situation.

No matter how big of a suck sandwich you've been dealt, you MUST get the gun out of your hands BEFORE the cops roll in...or another CCW holder comes along and thinks you're the bad guy.

Here come all the experts on what the cops should or shouldn't do in a potential life and death scenario….. so much talk from such a lack of experience. But hey it's the internet so we all have a platform to be professional in the field of conversation….

130F36BA-FEC0-4306-B206-71ACE53E74FE.jpeg

I'm going to disagree with that. Most certainly you should not bet your life on that philosophy.

The police are not required to sit there and "wait and see what the dude does with the gun" before they start shooting. They are NOT required to let the guy get the first shots off, before they return fire. If they perceive a threat...and a dude with a gun is pretty much universally perceived as a threat...they're going to start shooting at the slightest flinch, movement, eye blink, etc. They do not have the luxury of time in that situation.

No matter how big of a suck sandwich you've been dealt, you MUST get the gun out of your hands BEFORE the cops roll in...or another CCW holder comes along and thinks you're the bad guy.
One shouldn't be a cop or probably shouldn't even own a FIREARM if one thinks another armed man is universally perceived as a threat for simply being armed and then shoot said person at the slightest flinch or eye movement. Wow. Just wow.

One shouldn't be a cop or probably shouldn't even own a FIREARM if one thinks another armed man is universally perceived as a threat for simply being armed and then shoot said person at the slightest flinch or eye movement. Wow. Just wow.
We can talk all day about how the world SHOULD be. And...I mean...wow...just wow...it's a shame unicorns aren't real too. :rolleyes:

I am not going to shoot someone unless their gun is pointed menacingly in my direction or if I can reasonably ascertain that they are going to use deadly force on someone else. If one pew pews someone else simply because they are armed, without provocation one shouldn't be a cop or for that matter even own a firearm. This what I originally wrote but the forum wouldn't let me post as it was posting under your username.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top