JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have much opinion on this since I wasn't there. I will add that this car wash is a real popular hang out for the import guys. Friday/Saturday nights it looks like a car show... There is almost always a cop within half of block or so if not at the car wash when it is packed full of cars. There seems to be a lot of gang activity there on busy nights.

Like I said no real solid opinion on the subject just throwing a little first hand information into the mix.

When I clean my firearms, I always do it at 3-something in the morning at a random car wash. Sometimes I get feeling frisky and clean 'em at the 12-hr car wash instead of the 24.

Why do grown men play with toy guns?

Why would a guy decide to clean/upgrade/play with his toy gun (that looks exactly like a real gun) at 3 in the morning, parked in front of a car wash?

You know, not for nothing, but, we are going backwards here. All of us. With the ever increasing militarization and paranoization (word?) of law enforcement agencies, why do seemingly intelligent people make stupid decisions?

You will argue that he was just cleaning his toy gun. You'll argue that he even had the right to clean a real gun in the same situation. I'll argue that, the reason I don't clean my guns in front of a car wash, at three in the morning, in a parked car, is because I know that this time and place is an inappropriate time and place to perform such tasks.

The cop is wrong. No doubt. But, honestly, so is the knucklehead that got himself shot for making a dumb decision.

I urge all that want to defend the right to clean your toy gun, in the middle of the night, in a parked car, in front of a car wash, to stage a protest. Go ahead. I am sure your families will be so happy when they receive the settlement check.

With Liberty comes a grave amount of responsibility.

Or just maybe the cop knew the guy, and maybe had a "business" arrangement with him. And maybe things went sour. Dead former business partners tell no tales.

It is ridiculous that people think the victim did anything wrong. Remember when we were kids and we had squirt guns that looked very real? That was the 60s, MLK, both Kennedys had been shot, the Texas Tower sniper,et al...... you didn't see cops shooting people and kids at the drop of a hat.
Despicable blaming an innocent dead man for what a trigger happy cop did. How much do you want to bet the victim was outside HIS work place. The 24 hour car wash. No, this was a cop looking to get in some trigger time. Probably found too unstable for the military to enlist but a few crim j courses at East BFE Community College and he's going to be a lawman.

Be a real shame if this innocent man had friends that weren't as squeaky clean. I hope the Mayor oversees every step of what his police chief investigates.

Brutus Out

Brutus

Why do grown men play with toy guns?

Why would a guy decide to clean/upgrade/play with his toy gun (that looks exactly like a real gun) at 3 in the morning, parked in front of a car wash?

You know, not for nothing, but, we are going backwards here. All of us. With the ever increasing militarization and paranoization (word?) of law enforcement agencies, why do seemingly intelligent people make stupid decisions?

You will argue that he was just cleaning his toy gun. You'll argue that he even had the right to clean a real gun in the same situation. I'll argue that, the reason I don't clean my guns in front of a car wash, at three in the morning, in a parked car, is because I know that this time and place is an inappropriate time and place to perform such tasks.

The cop is wrong. No doubt. But, honestly, so is the knucklehead that got himself shot for making a dumb decision.

I urge all that want to defend the right to clean your toy gun, in the middle of the night, in a parked car, in front of a car wash, to stage a protest. Go ahead. I am sure your families will be so happy when they receive the settlement check.

With Liberty comes a grave amount of responsibility.

So when have dumb decisions becomes grounds to be shot.
Because if that's the case we got a bunch of people in Seattle that need to be shot for a couple senators. And a bunch of people in the country for electing obozo (twice)

Brutus
You are correct . . . BUT, one thing has changed since then. The worldwide movement to disarm citizens is 50 or so years more mature!!

The time is close at hand when ANYONE who kills a gun owning citizen will be hailed as a hero and perhaps awarded some sort of a medal for REMOVING a legitimate owner. Their name will be inscribed in the halls of government and held in high esteem by the general population (The sheeple).

Be alert. The cleansing has started!!

Sheldon

Or just maybe the cop knew the guy, and maybe had a "business" arrangement with him. And maybe things went sour. Dead former business partners tell no tales.

and what better drop gun than an airsoft hand gun - perfect. cops are allowed to shoot anyone, including kids, whom possess airsoft so it makes sense. shoot the partner, take the jack and drop the airsoft.

We've been hearing about more and more of these types of shootings. Where an officer shoots an unarmed citizen while claiming that he felt threatened. I'm thinking that a whole lot of officers should not be officers if their so scared. To allow so little time to evaluate the situation before making the decision to end a life and often when there was no threat is just unacceptable. I'm wondering if police officers need to go through some serious psych evaluations before being allowed to carry. If a citizen shoots someone, his actions are scrutinized in fine detail to make sure he/she was in the right. When an officer shoots someone, the captain always comes right out and says it was a good shoot. Even when the officer is in the wrong they are not held accountable as a standard practice. Is the badge just a license to kill?

I am truly appalled by what I read in this story. I'm sure there is more information we're not getting. But in times like these we can't forget to ask the obvious and important questions:

What was the magazine capacity of that Airsoft gun?

I'd rather be murdered by a cop at 3am than cower in my home afraid to enjoy my pursuit of happiness outside simply because the sun is currently located on the backside of earth.

You know, that whole "Give me liberty or give me death!" thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top