JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I smell a sizable law suit!!

I agree but lawsuits don't change what happened and it wont change any future things like this from happening. The money from the lawsuit will come from tax payers not the officer, the same taxpayers that are threatened to be arrested if they don't pay these officers salary's (taxes). Basically you as a citizen are being forced to pay cops to shoot you in return. And after you prove they unjustly shot you (if you're alive), you can have some of your money back. Nice refund policy....Not. That is a corrupt government if I've ever heard of one.

Bad cop, and he will most likely be suspended or fired. The police chief should get reprimanded for his officer not following procedure. the officer involved didn't follow proper procedure, he shot an unarmed man without cause, his career is essentially over. He watched this guy for an hour without calling it in? There has to be more to this that we aren't seeing, but right now the multi million dollar law suit should suffice. Yakama is not that big of a town and I would think the Mayor is really pissed at the chief right now!!

It sure appears like a shoot first and ask questions later...also, no call for back up and thus no witnesses against the police. Who cares that a person with a toy gets popped? The police act like it was justified to shoot someone with a toy pistol. I hope his family owns the place after this. Probably profiling as well. Need a thorough investigation of this one. Where's Holder when we need him?

Brutus Out

Any bets the officer gets a slap on the wrist and an extra dozen donuts for a job well done?????

I realize Yakima may not be the best of places and have Cartel problems, but I see way to many problems with this... First why no call for back up, if ya suspect a problem and have been watching for an HOUR one would think backup could get there without detection.

It seems to convenient that there were no other officers there as witnesses.

These are the kind of LEO's that we do not need but are the kind that are coming out more and more,, THE JACKBOOTED THUG TYPE, no regard to our rights and would shoot whoever they were told to.

Just my .02

So a police officer saw a Hispanic man in his car in the early morning. Snuck up on him. Surprised him by opening the guys door, and then seeing a 'gun' shot 4 times. Really?

So you want what appears to be a legitimate case of racial profiling? TADA! Why didn't this officer drive up, flash his lights, call for back up, something? Surprise him by opening his door? Really?

Oh, and the doom lights in most cars turn on when you open a front door? Right? They still do that right? So the entire interior of the car would be illuminated? Oh wait, the guy was working on his airsoft pistol already. Odds are he already had the light on in the car.

What the hell. This is nuts man. Talk about allowing your lizard brain to take over and just fight, fight, fight.

Being a LEO is a hard job, and I don't want to do it. But come on. How does anything in this whole scenario make any sense?

I could see if the guy was parked in front of an all night liquor store and had on a ski mask.
That to me would give the all clear to go full out Rambo on the guy, but to sit and watch him for an hour and then sneak up, yank open the passenger door, and then blast away at a totally surprised man.
Sounds like he had to get his nerve up just to approach the car.

Did anyone else catch the last part of the voice over? They are performing an investigation to find out where the other 3 rounds went...

Seriously? You are less than 4 feet from this guy and you hit him once out of 4 times? Is that what they are saying?

Ohhhhhh . . . I am so . . . so . . . Sorry!?!?!?
Maybe they should tie the officers shoelaces to the rear bumper of the car and drag him through the streets till the only thing left IS the shoe laces . . . And to balance the drag on the car, tie the chief's shoelaces to the other side of the bumper . . .
Well they do like to defend one another . . . don't they?????

Sheldon

I could see if the guy was parked in front of an all night liquor store and had on a ski mask.
That to me would give the all clear to go full out Rambo on the guy, but to sit and watch him for an hour and then sneak up, yank open the passenger door, and then blast away at a totally surprised man.
Sounds like he had to get his nerve up just to approach the car.

There's no law against parking in front of an all night liquor store at any hour. There's no law against wearing a ski mask. There's no law against having an airsoft gun in your car in plain sight. There's no way to justify this.

It really makes me wonder if the two had a run in at some other time and this was the fix??????

I have been running this thru my head and from any Leo or prior military point I run it thru it does not add up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they are trying psychologically condition the public to expect to be shot at when they are doing things late at night and no one is around and the police have cause for anything you do late at night as suspicious.

Another interesting thing about this story. As you move out of the local news source and the story hits (for example) the Seattle PI, the detail about the airsoft pistol being in pieces disappear, and he's no longer holding an airsoft receiver but an entire piece:
(officer) Gilette saw the driver held what appeared to be a handgun...

That sounds a lot better, doesn't it?

Maybe they were all nervous from the motorhome incident the day before, where the SWAT team had to shoot a guy.

Anyway,
"It appeared that he had some accessories to the handgun that he was trying to install on it or put pieces of this gun together," Capt. Light said.
Since the victim probably stopped working on the airsoft toy after he was shot in the head, it seems to me that whether the thing was not yet assembled would have become fairly evident in the following investigation. Doesn't seem to be much room for speculation there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top