JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well in the immortal words of "Bearclaw" Chris Lapp ...
"Skin that one pilgrim , and I'll get you another" ... LOL
And folks wonder why I like my Hawken rifle so much.
Andy

''Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do hereby leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it, Lord hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle, and killt the bear that killt me. Anyway, I am dead. Yours truly, Hatchet Jack'' :D

I've got bears and cougars and coyotes up here - among other critters.

I've been on the Kenai, to GNP, spent months around various parts of Alaska and Montana - with and without a handgun. Still alive and not a victim yet.

YMMV

Quit makin fun of me damn it! LOL I havent had a bear in my home (yet) but I currently do have a big brown bruin in my lower field eating all my berries! Another reason to carry all the time!

I don't see how y'all can stand to wait for all the bs to get out of the way.
I'll check out YouTube for it later
My neighbor lives in Incline Village on Lake Tahoe .
The city can not do anything about the bears. Most have voted to leave them alone.......
to tear up cars,houses,garbage cans
Oh wait,you must have a bear proof GC
I mean if you get back from the store and are unloading groceries,maybe you had a window cracked,the Bears will get in.
Leave the garage door partly open with any food?
Yeah. And no,you can't do anything to the bears.
One guy got death threats cause he shot a bear inside his house. He had kids.
And don't even think about doing anything to the coyote running off with Lil' Rover

True story, a friend of mine woke in the night to find a bear in his house in Nor Cal. He yelled at his wife to lock herself in the bedroom and he chased the bear out of the house with a hatchet. He is now used in place of Chuck Norris in jokes. We call him "Tomahawk Tom." Same guy jumps out of helicopters in Alaska on skiis and races Ultra4 cars offroad.

I don't care if I'm in NY city or downtown Heppner oregon, if I come Home to a black bear in my house, one of us is getting shot.
And since I'm the one with the opposable thumbs y'all might want to place your bets on me getting all the shots in.
Damn the public opinion and local laws:s0012:

Only has to happen once when you're unprepared.

Ditto with nuclear war, or the Chinese invading, or an earthquake or a volcano.

Come to think of it - I am probably more like to experience the earthquake than find a bear in my house, even though they do come through my yard from time to time.

Did you know that more people die in Alaska by moose than by bear? Even not counting how many people die by hitting a moose with a motor vehicle, it is still more than bears.

Know why?

What is the mortal enemy of a moose?
220321481.jpg
Wolves.

People in Alaska often get big dogs - like a Malamute or Siberian Husky - to "protect" them from bears while out jogging/hiking/etc.

A moose sees the dog(s) and proceeds to stomp them (one way a moose defends itself and its calves).
moose-attack.jpg
Dogs%252520%252526%252520Moose.jpg
The moose also sometimes stomps the owner, especially if the owner tries to protect their dog. Every year, they have sled races and every year someone in the race has a moose stomp their dogs.
10328ce6a253639ca80cdf8191f52a64.jpg

I try to be prepared by understanding the probability of something happening to me, not by assuming the worst case.

Doesn't mean you get a free pass on rolling your eyes at someone who DOES prepare for the worst case scenario. I don't fall for false analogies. Nothing wrong with maintaining a sidearm at home throughout the day.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top