JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago Washington issued "Concealed Weapons" license but changed it a few years back to "Concealed Pistol" license. Well, I hope they leave the guy alone, he done good.

Yes, if you read the Oregon statutes you do need a concealed carry license to carry a tazer or a knife with a blade over 4 inches or brass nuckles or a sap or even pepper spray.

Yes, if you read the Oregon statutes you do need a concealed carry license to carry a tazer or a knife with a blade over 4 inches or brass nuckles or a sap or even pepper spray.

Oregon CHL does not apply to other weapons.

It's my understanding that the Oregon CHL does cover the concealed carry of mace. Not sure about a taser though.

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor.

166.220 Unlawful use of weapon. (1) A person commits the crime of unlawful use of a weapon if the person:

(a) Attempts to use unlawfully against another, or carries or possesses with intent to use unlawfully against another, any dangerous or deadly weapon as defined in ORS 161.015;

161.015 General definitions. As used in chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971, and ORS 166.635, unless the context requires otherwise:

(1) "Dangerous weapon" means any weapon, device, instrument, material or substance which under the circumstances in which it is used, attempted to be used or threatened to be used, is readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury.

(6) "Physical force" includes, but is not limited to, the use of an electrical stun gun, tear gas or mace.

(7) "Physical injury" means impairment of physical condition or substantial pain.

What I read is you dont need a CHL to carry mace or a taser concealed.

Nor do I read anything that says a CHL includes other weapons such as those listed in 166.240

Speaking of absurd concealed laws... I'm out for a bit in school in DC, but living in Virginia (for the clear legal reasons). Lots of the women carry pepper-spray/mace with them in DC. They look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them if their mace is registered with the DC police. I then show them the mace registration page on the DC police website, they're always shocked. I use it as an education opportunity of how insane government really is. Good news: despite many of them not exactly being pro-gun actively, they all essentially say "f_ _ _ the law! I'm gonna carry this mace!" Good for them. Now we just need that attitude with guns.

I say hypocrites. They vote our rights away but cant accept it when their rights are infringed upon....
Typical liberal bs

I really think that it has to do with their pure ignorance of anything dangerous. I'm in nursing school, and the first day we dealt with needles, these idiots were holding them right next to their eyes, faces, waving them around like complete fools. One even stuck herself... no joke. I could tell that these poor saps had never handled anything dangerous in their lives. Myself, and a couple southerners in the group were far more careful and reasonable in our approach.... Although I agree with them being leftists and their refusal to accept a violation of their own rights, I think their reactions are still promising because they show a willingness to violate absurd laws, so the next step is extrapolating that logic out to knives and guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top