Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Man bring gun to courtroom, surprise! He gets arrested

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by wavo, Jan 14, 2010.

1. wavo

wavo Portland Member

I didn't see this posted anywhere else on the site.
    Man talk about a day going from bad to worse. You show up to traffic court for something small, but on the way in your handgun falls out of your pants so you quickly scoop it up and stuff it back in your trousers, only to have an officer 100 feet away see your folly. He alerts the police inside, they confront you, find your gun, realize that you don't have a permit to carry, search your car and find your AR15 fully loaded and see evidence of marijuana use so they search your home find that although you can legally grow marijuana you have too many plants.
    So dumb.

http://www.katu.com/news/81351097.html

2. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

How is this even possible? There are metal detectors at every entrance to the courthouse buildings.

3. wavo

wavo Portland Member

Not in some of the traffic courts...although I'm sure there will be now

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

Bonehead....must I really share my oxygen with guy's like this??? Serve's him right.

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Yet more proof that drugs DO make you stupid! :nuts:

6. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

What a nitwit.

I love how they have to specifically indicate TWICE that it was loaded.

What is also strange is that they left him with 24 marijuana plants. I would think that if you do something this dumb, they would take your grow permit.

7. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

All the dopers insist that there is no harmful effect or addiction from using marijuana. Well, this episode shows one more proof that it causes STUPIDITY! And naturally it is gun-carrying that will be scorned rather than drug use.

Oh, he's got a need for MEDICINE, and has a "medical marijuana card", so natually he grows much more than he could possibly use. Surely not for sale, right? The rock-bottom definition of an addict is someone obsessed with maintaining his drug supply no matter what the risk. All these nutbars campaigning so patriotically for legalization are really just addicts seeking to confirm their supply forever. Need I mention the constant violent home-invasion robberies of marijuana grow-houses? No addicts involved there, nope. Odd how the "medical" drug growers have armed themselves?

All the dopers say that it makes you peaceful and nonviolent. So, why do so many of them carry guns illegally? Are there any gang members who do NOT use marijuana? Aparrently, marijuana causes behaviour that is VIOLENT!

Let me summarize: marijuana makes people addicted, stupid and violent.

Now, for those who will say that I cannot know what I am talking about, I used dope for nineteen years, mostly daily, at least weekly. I grew it and sold it too. And I finally saw how I was making my friends addicted, stupid and violent. It's been twenty-four years since I quit drugs. That's when my life finally really began........................elsullo :cool:

8. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Good for you for kicking that garbage! You are a better man today for it.

9. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I am going to ban that place if you can't carry in there.

10. USMC1911

USMC1911 Salem Active Member

With that logic guns make you addicted to violence also.

11. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

:nuts:

HERE'S YOUR SIGN !!!

12. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

The guy grows marijuana at home so he should be expected to make a few mistakes during the day ;)

13. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Amen brother. I remember in High School that breakfast was a joint and a cup of coffee. It was amazing how my GPA improved after I quit that crap.

14. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

If only we had laws to prevent people from doing these things!

Oh wait, nevermind...

15. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

kinda off the subject but

ever notice how you lose your rights in the places your most likely to get screwed

16. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Eugene's municipal court doesn't have any metal detectors, and the only security is a chubby lesbian mall cop. I could easily see something similar happening there.

Also:

Can you give me a single argument in favor of allowing people to carry guns in courthouses?

17. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

18. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

Not true. Tillamook county doesn't have metal detectors. At least not under normal circumstances. I was on jury duty a few months ago and could have carried the whole time (I'm not a doper so I chose to follow the law) but didn't. I did keep my magazine with me just in case some one broke into my truck and stole my gun they wouldn't have any ammo for it.
    Anyway, I never saw a metal detector nor was there any security at all. There were random sheriff's deputies walking through but that was all I saw.

19. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, what an unfortunate day. More reason to have a good belt and holster. I'm surprised he had an ar-10 and 45 auto, some big calibers there, whats he trying to protect? Oh wait it was is forest of weed.

20. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

And how do you think the armed guards/police involved in these incidents would have reacted to a civilian opening fire? In the last two cases, the shootings took place outside of the secured areas of the courthouses.

Court proceedings cause peoples' emotions to run very high, and judges/lawyers/defendants/ex-spouses/etc./etc./etc. need to be protected. Armed security officers, U.S. Marshalls, and courthouse deputies do a very good job protecting them every day.