JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back when I was working downtown, one morning at the Sunset Transit station, I watched a guy
hop the fence from east bound to west bound Max. If a train had been coming, he would have
been run over since there isn't a whole of noise preceding the train. Not to mention any
electrical lines. Portland is full of scumbags.

Spambo

We already have insane money pit now with current approach. Junkies steal and cause how many times more of economic damage for every dollar of drugs bought. If government mass produced drugs, it would beOregon has only had 40 years. FOUR DECADES of straight Dem rule.

You really can't expect meaningful change in 40 YEARS.

I'm sure another 40 will git er dun!
I brought this up in a college class about education. The professor was explaining how bad the education system was in these select cities and tried to blame it on several things, including: white flight, red lining, and other racially related complaints.

I asked the professor if she knew what political party had been in power in those cities for the last 50 years or more, she said she didn't. When I pointed out to her what political party bad been in power in that city for the past 50 years and that despite tgat political party being in power things only got worse for those 50 years and that the educational system that was so terrible happened under the control of that party for the last 50 years, she didn't appreciate that fact.

Another stray bullet in Portland hits a guy watering his lawn. It went through his ankle and through two doors and a wall of his house.
C645A8EE-914A-4E77-8D2C-0A1E83F35C5F.png

376F4D71-B1EC-4BF6-92E9-D6B505E8D15C.png

Another stray bullet in Portland hits a guy watering his lawn. It went through his ankle and through two doors and a wall of his house.
View attachment 904252

View attachment 904253
Need to start bulletproofing the house.

may be a great startup Co for Potland. Kevlar siding for your home. :s0140:
We laugh but the industry already exists.

I brought this up in a college class about education. The professor was explaining how bad the education system was in these select cities and tried to blame it on several things, including: white flight, red lining, and other racially related complaints.

I asked the professor if she knew what political party had been in power in those cities for the last 50 years or more, she said she didn't. When I pointed out to her what political party bad been in power in that city for the past 50 years and that despite tgat political party being in power things only got worse for those 50 years and that the educational system that was so terrible happened under the control of that party for the last 50 years, she didn't appreciate that fact.
Gravy train don't give a hoot about nothing cept more gravy.
As you were.

may be a great startup Co for Potland. Kevlar siding for your home. :s0140:
When the wife and I walk the neighborhood there is a multiple story house with the entire 1st story being entirely concrete (minus the garage door). I always say "I like that house" as we go by and the wife always comments on how ugly it is.

Sounds like he broke into a house, got scared away and then arrested. Police then let him go. Then he tried to attack cars on I-84. Then got run over by the Max train.

How sad. They had to stop the trains for a few hours. Where are the homeless supposed to go potty????

Sounds like he broke into a house, got scared away and then arrested. Police then let him go. Then he tried to attack cars on I-84. Then got run over by the Max train.

A great ending to a sad life.
Completely let down by the system that should have helped him. Legal drugs, police hands tied so they couldnt arrest him early in the day before playing chicken with the train, advocates galore that fight for his right to remain on the streets free to terrorize or harm himself, and the coup de grace- his death.

Can we get off this ride of craziness and admit that its a complete failure?....

Any half-wit can look at the facts and see that this is not normal, or weird, or right, or anything other than f----d policies that led to this. Had the correct policies been in place the dude would have been locked up, medicated, and safe from committing crimes and harming himself/others.

A great ending to a sad life.
Completely let down by the system that should have helped him. Legal drugs, police hands tied so they couldnt arrest him early in the day before playing chicken with the train, advocates galore that fight for his right to remain on the streets free to terrorize or harm himself, and the coup de grace- his death.

Can we get off this ride of craziness and admit that its a complete failure?....

Any half-wit can look at the facts and see that this is not normal, or weird, or right, or anything other than f----d policies that led to this. Had the correct policies been in place the dude would have been locked up, medicated, and safe from committing crimes and harming himself/others.
Letting people die or even actively killing them in the name of hyper-sensitivity. We've come a long way alright.

Letting people die or even actively killing them in the name of hyper-sensitivity. We've come a long way alright.

You cant have one without the other...
If you want the loonies out walking the streets, then you have to use law enforcement to regulate the craziness they will undoubtedly bring into the public arena.
You want to defund the police and not use LE to handle these folks, then you better hire a proverbial 💩load of social workers overnight then put them on the streets to deal with kooks and their chaos.
It is one or the other.
The problem with potlandistan and its bureaucrats is they dont understand the idea and how to implement it correctly. They hear something cool, they garner the attention to draw the votes, then implement it in a half baked but complete failure manner.
Its like watching the special olympics of public policy. Except nobody wins and everyone loses. Plus i am broke from all the taxes.

Removing the black market's incentive to move hard drugs and reducing prison capacities is a pretty good trade off.
It's not a single step formula. The only time it's been successful is when there was a plan in place to deal with the druggies and keep them from ruining downtown.

Step 1: Collect underpants.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit.

EDIT: Well apparently I got the wording wrong. :)

Last Edited:
Removing the black market's incentive to move hard drugs and reducing prison capacities is a pretty good trade off.
Even if hard drugs were made legal, there would still be zombie tweekers living in filth doing anything they could to get their next hit. Hard drugs can quite literally rewire the brain, there is not a "safe" amount of use.

I've had an extended family member who has been out of rehab more times than I remember for heroine. It being legal wouldn't have helped the situation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top