JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Man arrested on suspicion of shooting BB gun at cars on Portland interstate

It's no wonder stuff like this happens in Portland. Last summer some guy was busted for the same thing off of 205.

No cops. A spineless (or worse yet, super left wing) DA that won't prosecute. A homicide victim that Mayor and City Council say is the cause of his own death?

None of this surprises me anymore. The BB gun dude's just lucky he wasn't shooting the vehicle of anyone that would shoot back.

Man arrested on suspicion of shooting BB gun at cars on Portland interstate

And this is why we need state run mental hospitals. This guy should be locked up and getting treatment instead of walking the streets unsupervised and re-offending.

And this is why we need state run mental hospitals. This guy should be locked up and getting treatment instead of walking the streets unsupervised and re-offending.
They put them in Oregon funded adult foster homes now. Then they are taken weekly by medical transport to get shot full of psychotropics at the county clinics.

Seeing as you brought this up Zeke..... We've had an issue in our hood. Cully neighborhood in NE potland to be exact. This guy has some relationship with the two tenants in one of the apartments across the street. I'd heard this guy, a month or so ago, before I saw him. He was a "ranter". You hear him shouting, at no one in particular. Using eff them, eff it, eff this, eff this, eff that what ever. I go to take a look and when he sees me he starts in on me. Well I just back off into the garage and stand there with my axe handle at the ready. He goes about his way/away. This same day Wifey get home from work and tells me about a guy at the store, where she's middle management. Long story short. Same guy, gets into it with security, ends up slashing tires in parking lot, by the time PPD gets there he's gone, cops leave. The tire slashing happened a second time a few days later. Same result. A couple of weeks later nut job is back, but instead of at the store he has a gun and (may?) have been shooting in the air, or just waving it around in the intersection in front of the store. he goes to jail this time.

Skip ahead a week and there are PPD, three cars, in front of our house on the street. I sked what was up and it turned out the same guy was a couple blocks away throwing rocks at cars on Cully blvd. Those cops had already been to the store, and were now talking to the neighbors that have some relationship with him. And one of the residents of the apartments had their car hit with rocks. the guy was gone again, so he was still on the loose.

They have no where to put people that have dangerous mental problems!

Thanks cate brown, tod whalen, all members of the potland city council AND the people that vote for all of you feckless leaders and so called public servants.

Seeing as you brought this up Zeke..... We've had an issue in our hood. Cully neighborhood in NE potland to be exact. This guy has some relationship with the two tenants in one of the apartments across the street. I'd heard this guy, a month or so ago, before I saw him. He was a "ranter". You hear him shouting, at no one in particular. Using eff them, eff it, eff this, eff this, eff that what ever. I go to take a look and when he sees me he starts in on me. Well I just back off into the garage and stand there with my axe handle at the ready. He goes about his way/away. This same day Wifey get home from work and tells me about a guy at the store, where she's middle management. Long story short. Same guy, gets into it with security, ends up slashing tires in parking lot, by the time PPD gets there he's gone, cops leave. The tire slashing happened a second time a few days later. Same result. A couple of weeks later nut job is back, but instead of at the store he has a gun and (may?) have been shooting in the air, or just waving it around in the intersection in front of the store. he goes to jail this time.

Skip ahead a week and there are PPD, three cars, in front of our house on the street. I sked what was up and it turned out the same guy was a couple blocks away throwing rocks at cars on Cully blvd. Those cops had already been to the store, and were now talking to the neighbors that have some relationship with him. And one of the residents of the apartments had their car hit with rocks. the guy was gone again, so he was still on the loose.

They have no where to put people that have dangerous mental problems!

Thanks cate brown, tod whalen, all members of the potland city council AND the people that vote for all of you feckless leaders and so called public servants.
This is not an isolated situation. It's more common than you'd think. If we could remove a couple dozen of the worst repeat offenders on a more permanent basis you'd be amazed at the crime statistics would change. Very few people are responsible for 90% of all crimes.

Yup, out doing the zombie crawl or standing motionless in your front yard for what seems to be an eternity.
These people used to be in a locked ward at a state institution, getting meds daily, and group therapy along with occupational therapy. Many eventually got jobs and were on work release.

This is not an isolated situation. It's more common than you'd think. If we could remove a couple dozen of the worst repeat offenders on a more permanent basis you'd be amazed at the crime statistics would change. Very few people are responsible for 90% of all crimes.
No I wouldn't be surprised. All this rampant crime is highly likely being committed by the same people over and over. That realization comes up and smacks me up side of the head sometimes. JUST THINK, if that same realization smacked everyone in these communities up side the head? Might they call on the public servants to start rounding the bad guys up? I think the common thought is that so many MORE people are turning to crime. And where would we put them? I've got to wonder if the jails are only half full? Too bad the media won't hold the elected's feet to the fire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top