Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Man arrested, accused of pointing 'pistol-like' object at drivers on I-5 near Salem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by explorerimports, Jun 27, 2013.

1. explorerimports

explorerimports WA Active Member

A 51-year-old man was arrested off an Interstate 5 exit ramp near Salem Thursday after allegedly threatening passing motorists with what appeared to be a firearm.

Oregon State Police troopers responded about 3:45 p.m. to the exit ramp at Mission Street Southeast after receiving calls that Noe Gonzalez was pointing a "dark-colored, pistol-like" object at drivers, said Lt. Gregg Hastings, a state police spokesman.

Gonzalez was arrested at gunpoint by troopers. Hastings said Gonzalez was wearing a gun holster and that the object he was aiming at motorists was taken as evidence.

Hastings did not reveal what Gonzalez was brandishing and cited an ongoing investigation into the incident as a reason.

Gonzalez was booked into the Marion County Jail on suspicion of menacing and disorderly conduct.

Man arrested, accused of pointing 'pistol-like' object at drivers on I-5 near Salem | OregonLive.com
    -- Everton Bailey Jr.

2. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

It was probably a hair dryer.... Conair 1.50 caliber Full auto. With its own solar powered battery pack. Oh yes, and laser and tactical light along with back up iron sights and a Norelco 2 stage trigger. Did I mention bull barrel...:gun03:

Brutus Out

3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Never eat pop-tarts in your car when driving through Salem...

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Classic Kudos there SW!!!!

5. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

"Menacing and disorderly conduct" is such a crock.
    Its when you make someone feel uncomfortable but haven't actually committed a crime.
    Still, if he was threatening me I would have either got out of the car or called it in and let the SS deal with him.