JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i stopped by the ranger station to get the tree permit for a christmas tree, and ashed about a shooting closure i heard about on mamaloose. turns out the first 7 miles are closed to shooting due to shooting over the highway and some campgrounds. dont know if everyone heard of this, just passing it on.

Good to know. The first and only time I've been there I saw many people not using solid backstops on my way up to the gravel pit. Didn't seem like a very safe place to shoot.

Good to know. The first and only time I've been there I saw many people not using solid backstops on my way up to the gravel pit. Didn't seem like a very safe place to shoot.

Good example to people who are like this. hopefully no one on here is but i dont want everything getting shut down. I cant afford a membership at one of those ranges

well went out and got the tree today, first 2 areas are closed, the clearing and the wide spot, both on the left going up. the main gravel pit seems to be open, didnt see any postings on the way up, and it was in use on the way down.

The last few times I have been up there, I have seen signs on trees at almost all shooting spots minus the two gravel pits. People on arfcom were talking about getting tickets for shooting at stumps as well.

yep, the one time i saw a cop at the pit, all he said was to make sure things were out of sight as people were driving up the road to cut christmas trees, and an arsenal in view might freak them out.
ive seen too much trash people have dumped up there, and i try to get as much as i can, as well as cleaning up my mess.

I always fill up my trunk with gargage others leave up there. its too bad people cant put out the effort to pick up targets, bottles, and all the other trash. then they wonder why the place gets shut down

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top