JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"After the shot went off, My training took over... I called my parents to let them know what had happened..."

Mall Ninjas Training class 101:

Instructor:
"OK folks listen up, after yanking your loaded pistol out of your retention holster with your finger on the trigger, you accidentally shoot yourself in the leg.
What's the first thing you do?"

Student:
"Uh, I call my parents?"

It could have been worse,I had an negligent discharge after installing a Wilson 1911 mainspring housing and I ended up putting the sear back in wrong(I missed that tiny notch it has to catch in) and I noticed after installing the MSH that sometimes when racking the slide the hammer would follow the slide so I took it apart again and after the MSH was put back in this time it seemed to function fine,so I decide it was safe to test the feed reliability of some old colt mags after racking the gun 100 times with no problems,then when racked in the last round in the mag:boom,my hearing was gone for a good five minutes while I sat there in shock looking at the new hole in my ceiling. Luckily for me no one was injured(but my hearing might have been),but it did scare the crap out of me,a few days later I found some pictures that detailed the sear alignment better and have not had a single failure afterward in 1200 rounds,but I still feel like I can't trust the gun so I gave it away to cousin who was getting married.

It could have been worse,I had an negligent discharge after installing a Wilson 1911 mainspring housing and I ended up putting the sear back in wrong(I missed that tiny notch it has to catch in) and I noticed after installing the MSH that sometimes when racking the slide the hammer would follow the slide so I took it apart again and after the MSH was put back in this time it seemed to function fine,so I decide it was safe to test the feed reliability of some old colt mags after racking the gun 100 times with no problems,then when racked in the last round in the mag:boom,my hearing was gone for a good five minutes while I sat there in shock looking at the new hole in my ceiling. Luckily for me no one was injured(but my hearing might have been),but it did scare the crap out of me,a few days later I found some pictures that detailed the sear alignment better and have not had a single failure afterward in 1200 rounds,but I still feel like I can't trust the gun so I gave it away to cousin who was getting married.

1st reaction: You GAVE AWAY a Wilson combat 1911? OMG your nephew will love you forever!

2nd reaction: you gave away a gun you thought was unsafe to your nephew.... He must be a real piece of work that you hate him so much.

Just kidding really, but, I DID think it for a minute. And God knows, any thought that passes through one's head has to be posted to the Intarwebs.

1st reaction: You GAVE AWAY a Wilson combat 1911? OMG your nephew will love you forever!

2nd reaction: you gave away a gun you thought was unsafe to your nephew.... He must be a real piece of work that you hate him so much.

Just kidding really, but, I DID think it for a minute. And God knows, any thought that passes through one's head has to be posted to the Intarwebs.

I gave the gun to my cousin(I dont have a nephew,yet anyway),the gun was a Springfield stainless GI model,the mainspring housing I was adding to it was made by Wilson,The Wilson 1911(CQB Model) I have I would never give away or sell.(it is my favorite 1911 as well as the most accurate 1911 I have ever shot)

[/

I've seen this guy's vids a few times........ total wanna be. To be honest, I'm kinda glad he caped himself lol he had it coming if you ask me. So he took a class or two and he thought he was Johnny Tactical. I run serpa holsters and I haven't shot myself ahahahahah. QUOTE]

YET.

One draws, and one holsters. One does not "re-holster". Ever.

Let me guess, your the guy on the forum that corrects everyone that colloquially calls a magazine a "clip", right? ;)

I start out my drill with a gun in a holster. I take it out, fire it and put it back in the holster. It was holstered, then it wasn't, then it was again. Call it what you will -- it's putting the gun back in a holster, hence the prefix "re-".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top