JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than Ceracote or Duracoat what methods are available to make a silver barrel a matte black or dark , dark, gray, matte finish. Doesn't need to be permanent but I'd like it to hold up fairly well under normal handling and cleaning with ordinary solvents.

Any ideas? I've thought of "Barbecue Paint" and "High Temp Exhaust Paint" but was curious if others have done so and their experience. Just looking for ideas.

I'm looking for suggestions on what product to use when I do it myself. I've run across a product called Stainless Blackening Compound but am looking for feedback from others that have done it yourself.

If I wasn't interested in a DIY project I'd just send it to my local barrel maker. Just thought I'd clarify my intentions.

With you on the BBQ paint Deadshot. I keep a can to spray the short length of stainless visible on my M-1A in the event of an emergency. However I have never tried it! I doubt anyone will try it 'till they really need to tone down that barrel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top