JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your copper one works fine think about making one from stainless. I made one from some after stainless for my hybrid. Pretty easy to clean and it'll never deform under normal firing schedules or handling.

Never thought about the slots. Maybe I'll chuck mine up in the mill and add some slots.

I use it on a PSA AK-V.

Yep, my Osprey, also a 45, came with a piston of choice included.... Still, I'm up to 4 pistons now :( I just picked up a Scorpion from the classifieds here, so I guess that'll be 5....

Newer Scorpions are threaded 1/2 x 28 and I would think if you have 4 pistons you already have that size. If you have the older Scorpion though you gotta deal with the weird metric threads.

Newer Scorpions are threaded 1/2 x 28 and I would think if you have 4 pistons you already have that size. If you have the older Scorpion though you gotta deal with the weird metric threads.
You're right ! When I took the flash hider off, I saw this fat set of threads and thought I'd have to get some sort of adaptor....I didn't realize there was a second set of 1/2 X 28 as the smooth, non knurled protector was semi-rusted on... 7E3835A5-2E51-4AB8-83B3-056704CD13A4.jpeg D67E1C97-CC37-4BB6-BC55-E8C1487D2285.jpeg 5CE32D8C-AEC2-4BD0-878B-9B233CC0A2A0.jpeg

So the Osprey goes on fine with my existing piston....one less thing.....

Well, Wired is a man of his word- this arrived today :

IMG_8829.JPG
his steel spacer is way nice than my effort

perfect fit:
IMG_8830.JPG

I'm a little more confident shooting this than my copper pipe offcut..

IMG_8832.JPG

So - a massive thankyou to Wired for his kind gesture !

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top