JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so, I need a fixed spacer to use my Osprey on my Stribog and I see I have a couple of options: I can either spend ~$40 on an official one, or between $1 and $1.60 on a copper pipe fitting.

the Rugged one here is made out of copper..... DSC_0034.jpg

so here's my effort..

IMG_8727.JPG IMG_8729.JPG IMG_8730.JPG

So- everything has been double measured and it snugs down properly : on scale of 1-10, just how bad an idea is this for shooting 9mm through the Stribog ?

Last Edited:
I have a factory one and it has open slots, so you might want to dremel in some so the expanding gas has a place to go without blowing out the sides.

The only one I've seen with slots is the SCo one-Most using that same slotted piston design are solid. Mine is oversized like the Rugged one in the first pic- it fills out the blast chamber, so the gas will exit the slots and head out the front. Probably.
IMG_8731.JPG

When you use the slotted one, do you align the slots in the spacer to those in the piston ? There's no mechanism to keep them aligned is there ?

Let me go check the can. I'll get back to you in a couple of minutes.

This is off of my Osprey 45. It's from SilencerCo.

I never though to align the slots, just crammed it in there and screwed it down tight as it's a real loose fit.

IMG_2610.JPG

Last Edited:
Thankyou, appreciate you taking the trouble. Part of me wonders if the slots are brand styling as much as anything else....I guess I'll find out this weekend....

@asiparks I have the same Rugged spacer. You might want to go take a magnet to your copper Rugged spacer. I think you will find it is steel, mine certainly is. It might look like copper but is actually plated steel.
Thankyou, that's great info. I don't have the Rugged spacer, I'd just seen the description on one site describing it as "copper"

Thankyou, will double check for smoothness.

Melting point for copper is well above that for aluminum, but I'm wondering about malleability and thermal expansion. I'm not going to be dumping mags through it at a high rate, but still....

There's different copper pipe for different application and type K would be the hardest and thickest and is used in AC applications.

The rugged spaces is hardened stainless.

A copper tube would work just as well honestly.

Wish I'd thought of this over spending $40.

Ive got a friend who bought a silencer for his scorpion. He got screwed on the deal and the shop sold him an Osprey 45 which is like the last silencer you'd want for a 9mm PCC. Silencerco didnt include any piston and they want $80 for the piston and $45 for the spacer plus another $45 for a cheap 18mm to 1/2" adapter because CZ couldnt possibly send those tupperware wonders over with normal US threads.

Ask me how much I like Scorpions.

FWIW I've run a lot of 9mm through my Osprey 45 and it seems to work quite well. I hear what you're saying; they seem very proud of the little pieces, to be sure. Upside is I had a warranty issue with another Silencerco product and they went above and beyond in taking care of the issue. I'm still a fan of their products, to be sure.

I'm sure theyre a good silencer and my customer service with silencerco has always been much greater than with AAC. In any case the shop should have sold him a 9mm specific silencer made for the Scorpion since thats all its going to live on.

Yep, my Osprey, also a 45, came with a piston of choice included.... Still, I'm up to 4 pistons now :( I just picked up a Scorpion from the classifieds here, so I guess that'll be 5....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top