making a spacer for fixed barrel....

Reactions
If your copper one works fine think about making one from stainless. I made one from some after stainless for my hybrid. Pretty easy to clean and it'll never deform under normal firing schedules or handling.

Never thought about the slots. Maybe I'll chuck mine up in the mill and add some slots.

I use it on a PSA AK-V.

Reactions
Yep, my Osprey, also a 45, came with a piston of choice included.... Still, I'm up to 4 pistons now :( I just picked up a Scorpion from the classifieds here, so I guess that'll be 5....
Newer Scorpions are threaded 1/2 x 28 and I would think if you have 4 pistons you already have that size. If you have the older Scorpion though you gotta deal with the weird metric threads.

OP
asiparks

asiparks

Reactions
Newer Scorpions are threaded 1/2 x 28 and I would think if you have 4 pistons you already have that size. If you have the older Scorpion though you gotta deal with the weird metric threads.
You’re right ! When I took the flash hider off, I saw this fat set of threads and thought I’d have to get some sort of adaptor....I didn’t realize there was a second set of 1/2 X 28 as the smooth, non knurled protector was semi-rusted on... 7E3835A5-2E51-4AB8-83B3-056704CD13A4.jpeg D67E1C97-CC37-4BB6-BC55-E8C1487D2285.jpeg 5CE32D8C-AEC2-4BD0-878B-9B233CC0A2A0.jpeg

So the Osprey goes on fine with my existing piston....one less thing.....

OP
asiparks

asiparks

Reactions
Well, Wired is a man of his word- this arrived today :

IMG_8829.JPG
his steel spacer is way nice than my effort

perfect fit:
IMG_8830.JPG

I'm a little more confident shooting this than my copper pipe offcut..

IMG_8832.JPG

So - a massive thankyou to Wired for his kind gesture !

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom