Oregon Rifleworks
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
HighLine Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Sporting Systems

Making a run for it!

Reactions
Its a story for another time but the background is that I bought a house in Auburn, WA, and the house closed last week. And of course, this is when the entire west coast declared Shelter In Place. Technically, it doesn't prevent me from moving to my new house but we decided to wait a bit and see how things are.

Decided this is enough waiting, going to make a drive from CA with a stop over at OR before finally arriving at Auburn, WA. Don't want the house to sit unattended for too long. Planning to hit the road next weekend.

Want a quick check on how's the condition in OR and WA? I read on the other thread the shopping and supplies aren't bad in OR, how is WA area? Will we be able to buy home supplies such as cleaning detergents and furniture or are most of stores still closed?

Thanks.

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2018
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019

Unicykle

Reactions
Its seems fine to me tp is hit and miss still but on the bright side there has been no traffic to speak of.

Reactions
Want a quick check on how's the condition in OR and WA? I read on the other thread the shopping and supplies aren't bad in OR, how is WA area? Will we be able to buy home supplies such as cleaning detergents and furniture or are most of stores still closed?
Groceries are fine, you might not find TP or hand sanitizer but soaps are fine. I dont think furniture stores are open though, my guess. I would call any travel hotels in advance for reservations, no idea if those are closed or not. I say hit the road...

Reactions
SIL works in logistics for home deliveries of household appliances/etc. with major appliance/electronics as primary client. They are not doing in home deliveries or installs at this time. They will drop it off outside the home only.

AMT

Reactions
It's not too bad now. The mass panic has calmed down a lot. Hit stores on the way up for a little shopping, stretch your legs, etc. Collect/gather on your way.

Congrats on your escape from kommiefornia.

Drive safe and be diligent protecting yourselves on the way up.

Add: ammo is getting scarce though. Start looking for it on your way up also. Suggestion.... starting in Ashland ditch the low cap mags and start buying high cap mags. :D

Last edited:

UnionMillsNW

Reactions
The I-5 is almost business as usual as far as gas and drive thru places are concerned. As others have said you may have some trouble finding things like TP. You could probably pick up basic household essentials at places like Wal-Mart

Once you get up to Auburn check out the Taco Truck by the Safeway downtown (in the gas station parking lot). It's delicious.

Camelfilter

Reactions
  • Law Around Here
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Woke Up Like This
It's not too bad now. The mass panic has calmed down a lot. Hit stores on the way up for a little shopping, stretch your legs, etc. Collect/gather on your way.

Congrats on your escape from kommiefornia.

Drive safe and be diligent protecting yourselves on the way up.

Add: ammo is getting scarce though. Start looking for it on your way up also. Suggestion.... starting in Ashland ditch the low cap mags and start buying high cap mags. :D
Ashland has a BiMart, dunno if that one has a gun counter or not tho.

Medford has 2 BiMarts, both with gun counters. Plus 4 gun shops in the general area & a Sportsmans warehouse. No idea on the current inventory on any tho.

Mariot Courtyard is nice, as they usually are.

AMT

Reactions
Ashland has a BiMart, dunno if that one has a gun counter or not tho.

Medford has 2 BiMarts, both with gun counters. Plus 4 gun shops in the general area & a Sportsmans warehouse. No idea on the current inventory on any tho.

Mariot Courtyard is nice, as they usually are.
:s0155:

Was just meaning start ditching and start gathering high caps as soon as possible. Definitely Google search "gun shops near me" once they hit the Oregon border.

:s0090:

conmcb25

Reactions
Congrats on leaving the people's republic. Supplies don't seem to be a big concern right now except for hand sanitizer so if you have some bring it. And please don't vote for ANYONE who has shown support this year for gun control. Comrade Governor Inslee and Comrade AG "Side-Show" Bob Ferguson are trying their hardest to make Washington Kommiefornia North. With the help of way too many legislators.

MannyGlocks

Reactions
MU,

I welcome to Texas all from Cali if they aren't commies, but pro-gun, Conservatives.

It's a not a given that everyone from there is a lefty...in fact, many good folk are escaping the horror of cali communism.

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Army
  • National Rifle Association
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
MU,

I welcome to Texas all from Cali if they aren't commies, but pro-gun, Conservatives.

It's a not a given that everyone from there is a lefty...in fact, many good folk are escaping the horror of cali communism.
True that, but the bad outweighs the good by far, just look what Washington has become with their help. Just saying....

MannyGlocks

Reactions
And let me add: I'd welcome a pro-gun, ex-cali, Conservative over a lefty, native Texan any day of the week.

Our major cities are crawling with native born lefty Texans who are a political virus vs. ex-cali, pro-gun, Conservatives.

Guess who're more beneficial?

Anti-gun, commie, beto lovers and his ilk...hell no!

UPCOMING EVENTS

Oakanogan Gun Show
Oakanogan County Fairgrounds
175 Rodeo Trail, Okanogan, WA 98840, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is awesome. He's helped me with two Form 4 transfers so far. I live 45 minutes away and happily make the drive to support such a great vendor!
  • TJ Gun Sales
    2.00 star(s)
    My form 4 cleared on 04/10/2020 I had to fight tooth and nail for TJ's to find my tax stamp. There was never any urgency or concern in their...
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent service
  • 36 Pit
    3.00 star(s)
    I'm probably just reiterating what others have said, but I like hearing (seeing) myself speak. This gets 3 stars because when the place isn't...
  • Cascade Loan & Sporting Goods
    3.00 star(s)
    I am giving this review because at one time I was a really big customer there. Back in the day, I bought at least a dozen used guns from Cascade...
Top Bottom