JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Its a story for another time but the background is that I bought a house in Auburn, WA, and the house closed last week. And of course, this is when the entire west coast declared Shelter In Place. Technically, it doesn't prevent me from moving to my new house but we decided to wait a bit and see how things are.

Decided this is enough waiting, going to make a drive from CA with a stop over at OR before finally arriving at Auburn, WA. Don't want the house to sit unattended for too long. Planning to hit the road next weekend.

Want a quick check on how's the condition in OR and WA? I read on the other thread the shopping and supplies aren't bad in OR, how is WA area? Will we be able to buy home supplies such as cleaning detergents and furniture or are most of stores still closed?

Thanks.

Want a quick check on how's the condition in OR and WA? I read on the other thread the shopping and supplies aren't bad in OR, how is WA area? Will we be able to buy home supplies such as cleaning detergents and furniture or are most of stores still closed?
Groceries are fine, you might not find TP or hand sanitizer but soaps are fine. I dont think furniture stores are open though, my guess. I would call any travel hotels in advance for reservations, no idea if those are closed or not. I say hit the road...

SIL works in logistics for home deliveries of household appliances/etc. with major appliance/electronics as primary client. They are not doing in home deliveries or installs at this time. They will drop it off outside the home only.

It's not too bad now. The mass panic has calmed down a lot. Hit stores on the way up for a little shopping, stretch your legs, etc. Collect/gather on your way.

Congrats on your escape from kommiefornia.

Drive safe and be diligent protecting yourselves on the way up.

Add: ammo is getting scarce though. Start looking for it on your way up also. Suggestion.... starting in Ashland ditch the low cap mags and start buying high cap mags. :D

Last Edited:
The I-5 is almost business as usual as far as gas and drive thru places are concerned. As others have said you may have some trouble finding things like TP. You could probably pick up basic household essentials at places like Wal-Mart

Once you get up to Auburn check out the Taco Truck by the Safeway downtown (in the gas station parking lot). It's delicious.

It's not too bad now. The mass panic has calmed down a lot. Hit stores on the way up for a little shopping, stretch your legs, etc. Collect/gather on your way.

Congrats on your escape from kommiefornia.

Drive safe and be diligent protecting yourselves on the way up.

Add: ammo is getting scarce though. Start looking for it on your way up also. Suggestion.... starting in Ashland ditch the low cap mags and start buying high cap mags. :D

Ashland has a BiMart, dunno if that one has a gun counter or not tho.

Medford has 2 BiMarts, both with gun counters. Plus 4 gun shops in the general area & a Sportsmans warehouse. No idea on the current inventory on any tho.

Mariot Courtyard is nice, as they usually are.

Ashland has a BiMart, dunno if that one has a gun counter or not tho.

Medford has 2 BiMarts, both with gun counters. Plus 4 gun shops in the general area & a Sportsmans warehouse. No idea on the current inventory on any tho.

Mariot Courtyard is nice, as they usually are.

:s0155:

Was just meaning start ditching and start gathering high caps as soon as possible. Definitely Google search "gun shops near me" once they hit the Oregon border.

:s0090:

Congrats on leaving the people's republic. Supplies don't seem to be a big concern right now except for hand sanitizer so if you have some bring it. And please don't vote for ANYONE who has shown support this year for gun control. Comrade Governor Inslee and Comrade AG "Side-Show" Bob Ferguson are trying their hardest to make Washington Kommiefornia North. With the help of way too many legislators.

MU,

I welcome to Texas all from Cali if they aren't commies, but pro-gun, Conservatives.

It's a not a given that everyone from there is a lefty...in fact, many good folk are escaping the horror of cali communism.

And let me add: I'd welcome a pro-gun, ex-cali, Conservative over a lefty, native Texan any day of the week.

Our major cities are crawling with native born lefty Texans who are a political virus vs. ex-cali, pro-gun, Conservatives.

Guess who're more beneficial?

Anti-gun, commie, beto lovers and his ilk...hell no!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews