JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well lately I have been back to carrying the SP101 and now I think I will continue that or the LCR. Never had a failure on either one and doubt I will so long as I keep them cleaned up.
I go back and forth on the carry guns but the failure issue is why my grandpa used to say "do you want 15 maybes or 6 guarantees" . Wise old man.

Thinking the victim may have been hit already and faded into limp writing the shot. He had two shots to the face so it tends to reason that way.

I really wonder how well he knew his weapon or if he just got it due to the threats that this gang made against him. Seems likely that a new gun would jam with a new owner who did not clean it up or break it in.....Who knows but that is a disaster waiting to happen and I have known many folks who buy a gun load it and put it in the drawer.
I bought one off a woman who was just divorced and getting rid of the ex husbands guns. It is a sig p230sl and at first it was obvious it had either never fired a shot or had been fired maybe once. Still had what seemed to be factory grease in there and took around 150rds to get it where I was confident in it....first 50rds had quite a few failures. The woman who sold it to me said "he had it loaded and in a drawer next to our bed" which means that it would likely have had a failure if he needed to use it. Some folks really do not get that it is a tool and tools need maintenance. Who knows what the deal with this story is. Maybe it was just bad luck but I feel like any gun I have will function properly since I take care of them....Obviously I could be very wrong and that makes me want to be sure I oil up everything I might grab and make sure they are ready to roll!
Really pretty scary that the guy planned this out so much and knowing there are plenty of folks like that around...I hate gangs.

Try this when it's safe. Pull the slide back on the gun to slide lock then insert a fully loaded mag in and let the slide go with the lock. Pull the mag out and look at the next round up....

My M&P I bought new and since I bought it when if I put a mag in hard it will slide forward on its own. It feeds ok but yeah the next round is pushed forward. I only let it do that at the range when I am trying to rapid fire....It is kinda scary having the slide slam forward on a round like that.

That next round pushed forward is set to jam if you limp wrist. You get hit in a fight and start losing blood pressure and you will limp wrist. Autos were made to be held firmly to operate. The next round up is halfway out of the mag in a handgun, it's why women have stovepipe until they learn. Just opinion, do with it what you will.

That next round pushed forward is set to jam if you limp wrist. You get hit in a fight and start losing blood pressure and you will limp wrist. Autos were made to be held firmly to operate. The next round up is halfway out of the mag in a handgun, it's why women have stovepipe until they learn. Just opinion, do with it what you will.

I like to listen to people that know more about guns such as yourself. I have only fired it at the range and not limp wristing. I can see how in a fight you could forget your "stance" right away and fumble that round up. I guess my revolver is good for many things.

Not only do all my guns work flawlessly, they do so with defensive ammo! The closest thing I have to a safe queen is my Les Baer 1911 and I took it to the range today just to put another 100 through it as well as my CZ 97B SA and put 200 through it. All my weapons are well oiled machines that I would (and do) trust my life to

Autos work great until they get limp wristed, how many ways can that happen? What if your gun hand gets shot and you have to weak hand the auto, will it still function? Which gun runs better under weak hand conditions, a polymer gun or an all steel gun.

What happens when the muzzle flips up un controled, what is the ammo in the mag doing? Just a few things to think about...:D

A lot of pistols will auto load when you slam in a magazine. Glocks & M&Ps are famous for it. I know mine will do that, and am happy for it.

Another issue is light grip. My Shield, before I added grip tape had a couple stove pipes. Grip tape on, no more issue.

Know your gun and how it works before you trust your life with it.

The M&P is one of my only poly guns. All the metal CZs and Beretta style guns I have I trust either way. Never have any problems and put many rounds down range...BUT I am going to try limp wristing and all that Jim is saying at the range just to see how they react.
Does not hurt to see how crappy you have to shoot before the gun will let you down...or not let you down. I would be surprised if my CZ 75 had any failures. Never has in thousands of rounds and new springs put in over the years.

That husband may have had a chance if his gun run, it didn't and it got his wife killed too. Only way to find what works best is train with what you have and make damn sure you don't get your family killed cause your gun quits running.o_O

The malfunctioning gun didn't kill him; lack of training on how to clear a simple malfunction and stay in the fight killed him. Malfunction clearance drills are as important as trigger press drill and dry practice.

If an auto malfunctions in the functioning cycle, it can be made to work barring catastrophic failure. If a revolver has a failure in the functioning cycle, it is ALWAYS catastrophic.

It sounds to me given how badly they wanted him and his family pushing up daisies that 5 or six shots would not have been nearly enough.

The gun didn't fail. The operator failed to train.

Just believe you are better off with a gun that doesn't need all that tap rack bang training. Time in a gunfight is limited from what I have read and it takes time to clear a jam. Better to have a second gun than try to clear one. Just my opinion, ya'll carry as you see fit.:D

Cannot be overemphasized...enough; self defense is so-much more than impulse buying (aka retail therapy), self defense is a discipline all in itself, a primal paradigm, a sublime purpose.

An inoperable firearm next to a bed is merely a sleep aid; not a life saver.

Be the hardest target possible.

That husband may have had a chance if his gun run, it didn't and it got his wife killed too. Only way to find what works best is train with what you have and make damn sure you don't get your family killed cause your gun quits running.o_O

A man should think long and hard before moving his family into a house with a split bedroom floor plan. Much better to have all your loved ones behind you. The days where a child could grow up without being influenced by contingency planning....are long gone!

She shouldnt try to blame the victim for not training, he was doing HIS best at the moment. We dont know his level of previous weapons training, or even ownership if any.
Every situation is different for everyone. We can all say "he should have done XYZ..." , but not one of us have been in his place.
These scumbags wanted him and his bride dead. They weren't going to be deterred by a tactical semi auto Saiga Shotgun or grandaddy's old Colt peace maker.
Training is what we fall back on, absolutely. But adrenaline and stress will trump caliber and weapon type every time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top