JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alot of you guys are buying stripped lowers to build guns. You better be careful and get the gun built soon before BHO gets in. There is a possibility that they will come up with a law that if a gun wasn't built before a certian date that it CAN'T be built.

They did this will full autos and since they have changed the yellow 4473 forms to identifie "just a reciever" it is possible that it may happen.

Keep your heads up and looking around.

jj

EXACTLY why I've got the parts on order. I'm hoping that I can get everything in before any sort of change in the laws that would prevent me from building.

Yeah, it's a gamble... but I'm hoping that BHO has too many other "problems" to deal with. Because, with the delays on everything right now, there is virtually no chance that MY stuff will arrive before the coronation. :mad:

but I'm hoping that BHO has too many other "problems" to deal with.

Unfortunately "his" problems are OUR problems. Yeah good old Governor Bush and President Cheney have done a spectacular job of keeping the next administration "distracted" for awhile. :s0114: It may take a decade to fix the damage.

My estmate is it'll be at least until this summer before people can start bottonholing the new administration for a new AWB. Obama may surprise people at how centerist he may turn out to be. We'll see. He's ticking off a lot of lefty/liberals so far, that's a fact.

once you have the receiver you have the entire gun according to the atf i doubt that they will come looking and checking that it is built already. one other note the last dem gun ban cost them power in both houses for 12 yeras they probablly noticed this and may have made a note of it.

once you have the receiver you have the entire gun according to the atf i doubt that they will come looking and checking that it is built already.

Well when they did the ban on NFA stuff the makers were building recievers like crazy and registering the numbers. After a while the ATF said if it ain't comeplete you can't comeplete it. All it will take is a presidential order and it's over. Think real hard as to why they specificly put "reciever" on the new 4473.

jj

...one other note the last dem gun ban cost them power in both houses for 12 yeras they probablly noticed this and may have made a note of it.
I wouldn't count on that one bit.

They have the power, know about the loopholes from the 1994 ban and are ready to stick it to us. Twelve years ago the political "climate" was completely different. They'll do it this time, for good, and most likely be reelected.

I wouldn't count on that one bit.

They have the power, know about the loopholes from the 1994 ban and are ready to stick it to us. Twelve years ago the political "climate" was completely different. They'll do it this time, for good, and most likely be reelected.

With comments like that, prices just went up another 50%... :s0001:

If you're that concerned...

Things required for such a law to not matter to you regardless of how many lowers you have:

LPKs for all lowers, or swapping stuff around

+One upper (or more, only one is necessary)

+Newspaper

+Camera

=

Photographic evidence of rifles having been completed by the date on the paper. :s0155:

Also: receiver option on 4473 makes building a pistol from a stripped receiver a lot easier/clearer... Not saying that's the reason for the switch but so that they can enforce a ban on new builds might not be the reason either...

I wouldn't argue that liberal democrats won't try to put another AWB into place, but I would say that they have less fodder this time. Remember that in 1994 when the AWB went through, crime was on an extreme upward trend. Additionally, so called "assault weapons" such as the AK47 were cultural symbols for gangsters, and publicly flaunted through gangster rap music and videos.

Even though crimes committed by "assault weapons" never constituted more than 3.5% of crimes involving firearms nation wide, the nation needed an answer to curb crime, and the AWB was an easy sell. Today, the AK47 and other "assault weapons" have largely fallen out of use by gangsters in favor of pistols.

So again, crime is not a priority right now and I think it will be a while before they try to put another ban in place. I don't think they'll hesitate on the grounds that they might lose power come term, but I do think they would hesitate to put it forward of current and more significant events. They would also have a hard time explaining why after the ban has sunset, crime has not increased as they predicted.

I wouldn't argue that liberal democrats won't try to put another AWB into place, but I would say that they have less fodder this time. Remember that in 1994 when the AWB went through, crime was on an extreme upward trend. Additionally, so called "assault weapons" such as the AK47 were cultural symbols for gangsters, and publicly flaunted through gangster rap music and videos.

Even though crimes committed by "assault weapons" never constituted more than 3.5% of crimes involving firearms nation wide, the nation needed an answer to curb crime, and the AWB was an easy sell. Today, the AK47 and other "assault weapons" have largely fallen out of use by gangsters in favor of pistols.

So again, crime is not a priority right now and I think it will be a while before they try to put another ban in place. I don't think they'll hesitate on the grounds that they might lose power come term, but I do think they would hesitate to put it forward of current and more significant events. They would also have a hard time explaining why after the ban has sunset, crime has not increased as they predicted.

I didn't say that they weren't going to TRY it... I believe full well they will TRY it... I just don't think they have the votes to make it happen this time around...

I didn't say that they weren't going to TRY it... I believe full well they will TRY it... I just don't think they have the votes to make it happen this time around...

My posting wasn't directed at you, and actually I think we are generally in agreement. The only question is if they will get the votes. They do control quite a large portion of the house and senate, but things are not the same as they were in 1994. I guess we'll see.

My posting wasn't directed at you, and actually I think we are generally in agreement. The only question is if they will get the votes. They do control quite a large portion of the house and senate, but things are not the same as they were in 1994. I guess we'll see.

As a party, yes, but if you look at the NRA ratings of the members of Congress you'll see a different story - check out my blog entry for the data...

Honestly the "assault rifle" never supplanted the handgun as the gang banger's weapon of choice...

Of course not, otherwise we'd see "assault rifles" constituting more than 3.5% of crime. I was speaking to the popularity (as an idea) in rap music and culture as opposed to the actual use. Handguns have always been an easier weapon to carry and conceal.

I don't think people have to go out and get their rifles put together within the next few months.

Nothing is going to happen on Jan 22nd either. Is it coming? All we can do is speculate.

Just be diligent in watching what's going on around us, and just keep picking away at getting them quietly built.

We don't need to feed the hysteria anymore than it already is.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top