JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Portland Police Bureau Blog has a couple of stories like this one. Take a look at the last line (I've highlighted):
PPB Blog said:
Gang Shooting in Northeast Portland's Madison South Neighborhood Injures One - No Arrests - 06/08/13
This morning, Saturday June 8, 2013, at 3:01 a.m., East Precinct officers responded to Northeast 83rd Avenue and Klickitat Street after several people called 9-1-1 to report hearing multiple gunshots.

Officers arrived and contacted several people that were part of a dispersing crowd. Officers located evidence of gunfire but did not locate any victims. Sometime later, a male gunshot victim was dropped off at a Portland hospital. His injuries appeared to be non-life-threatening and investigators believe he was shot during the disturbance at Northeast 83rd and Klickitat.

A neighboring home and vehicle sustained bullet damage. The home is unrelated to the disturbance.

Based on a preliminary investigation, the Gang Enforcement Team was called out to conduct a full investigation.

Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to contact the Gang Enforcement Team at (503) 823-4106.

The Portland Police Bureau Gang Enforcement Team and Gun Task Force are continuing to actively investigate gang and gun crimes in the City of Portland. Anyone with information about gang and/or illegal gun crimes in the City of Portland is encouraged to provide information to the Portland Police Bureau.

If you see an illegal gun crime in progress, call 9-1-1.

###PPB###

So, there is LEGAL GUN CRIME???

.. Being a witness is absolutely horrible.
Ive been a witness to an attempted murder as well as a "brawl" or better known as assault and assault with a deadly weapon in this case it was a pipe/thick branch in one of the dive bars in portland.

Leos and the court system have no respect for your time or SEVERE money loss for the day(s) in court or interviews by the jury. On a day where i was supposed to make around $77 at one job and about $150 netted with my business.. So guess what, was reimbursed a whole $5.08 per the days i was called in as a witness. And thats not even counting the time out of my evenings they stole while conducting "isolated questioning" or better known as involuntary detainment whilst the leos get a better idea of what happened.

Don't get me wrong, i want the bad guy caught too.. But when you start messing with my livelihood by subpoenaing into court for multiple days telling me where and when and how i should act and dress all the while not getting paid and not showing me any respect for my time or patience then thats where guys like me might just not report anything.. Or at least from a main phone. This is why i have a burner phone.

Thats not to say i wouldn't do my civic duty.. But ill be pretty damn reluctant.
Ive done the witness song and dance and I'm tired of it, so much so.. I may sit the next one out if things don't change.

I had the same experience. I received 2 seperate notices to appear took time off to appear both times I showed up, stood in hall and waited until they came out and said postponed. The third time I went in sat on stand and stated I don't recall. All this over a traffic accident. Makes it really hard to to want to stop and say you saw anything. Btw the postponements were all by the guys lawyer that I was there to testify for. The defendant lawyer seemed to want to get the whole thing over.

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?"
"I am calling to report a crime. An unsub, apparently government official paid by my taxes, is a serial English grammar killer. Please, apprehend him/her immediately."

Why can't "If you see a violent crime in progress, call 9-1-1. " isn't enough?

What people do to promote an agenda!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top