Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Make sure to call 911 to report ILLEGAL gun crimes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by accessbob, Jun 10, 2013.

1. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

The Portland Police Bureau Blog has a couple of stories like this one. Take a look at the last line (I've highlighted):

So, there is LEGAL GUN CRIME???

2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

only by law enforcement

3. JVK

JVK West Active Member

Nail -> Head

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

.. Being a witness is absolutely horrible.
    Ive been a witness to an attempted murder as well as a "brawl" or better known as assault and assault with a deadly weapon in this case it was a pipe/thick branch in one of the dive bars in portland.

Leos and the court system have no respect for your time or SEVERE money loss for the day(s) in court or interviews by the jury. On a day where i was supposed to make around $77 at one job and about $150 netted with my business.. So guess what, was reimbursed a whole $5.08 per the days i was called in as a witness. And thats not even counting the time out of my evenings they stole while conducting "isolated questioning" or better known as involuntary detainment whilst the leos get a better idea of what happened.

Don't get me wrong, i want the bad guy caught too.. But when you start messing with my livelihood by subpoenaing into court for multiple days telling me where and when and how i should act and dress all the while not getting paid and not showing me any respect for my time or patience then thats where guys like me might just not report anything.. Or at least from a main phone. This is why i have a burner phone.

Thats not to say i wouldn't do my civic duty.. But ill be pretty damn reluctant.
    Ive done the witness song and dance and I'm tired of it, so much so.. I may sit the next one out if things don't change.

5. Panther

Panther Keizer Active Member

I had the same experience. I received 2 seperate notices to appear took time off to appear both times I showed up, stood in hall and waited until they came out and said postponed. The third time I went in sat on stand and stated I don't recall. All this over a traffic accident. Makes it really hard to to want to stop and say you saw anything. Btw the postponements were all by the guys lawyer that I was there to testify for. The defendant lawyer seemed to want to get the whole thing over.

6. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?"
    "I am calling to report a crime. An unsub, apparently government official paid by my taxes, is a serial English grammar killer. Please, apprehend him/her immediately."

Why can't "If you see a violent crime in progress, call 9-1-1. " isn't enough?

What people do to promote an agenda!!