JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seriously considered rifle rods before, but other than some raised eyebrows at the pricing, my safe is so cramped I struggled to see how they would help.

I'm keeping the bolts in that's all I'm saying. Less than half bolts anyway.

I do have a mix of up and down stacking, but it's not intentional, per sé, so I'll look if I can alternate up\down and increase density.

Again it's pretty cramped so I'm uncertain if removing the barrel racks would increase space or just make them harder to stack. I'll see about some gun socks, but mine are silicon impregnated and I don't want them on my milsurps.

Have a buddy with rifle rods and they seem to work very well. Use the space above for handguns of course. Use plastic coated dividers (either overpriced retail ones or rubber coated dish drying racks) to hold pistols vertically. Store a unloaded magazine in each pistol to reduce space waste. Store all other accessories outside safe in a separate locking box ideally, like a metal truck tool box, or inexpensive locking cabinet.
Pistols already on armoury racks solution, works oddly well for space, additional pistols in socks up there on shelf. Shallow safe means no door space. Main issue as this is a temp solution is just the long guns.

The rifle rods work surprisingly well. I bought two sets and they really do help. They keep things from tilting/falling one way or the other so you can puzzle fit things in.

I keep trying to downsize so I don't have to get a bigger safe to replace my stuffed one, but for every one I sell, it seems two more appear, I think I have a problem ( I like guns), and am sadly going to have to upsize my storage unit. :(

Take the 4 least valuable out, cable lock them together and hide them behind some junk in a closet. Take the bolts out and put them in the safe.

Should be a fine short term solution.

I have a bolt action that won't fit in my safe -- that's what I've done, put the bolt in the safe, ran a cable lock through the action. I've been thinking about putting an eye-bolt through the safe wall and then locking it all to the safe.

I keep trying to downsize so I don't have to get a bigger safe to replace my stuffed one, but for every one I sell, it seems two more appear, I think I have a problem ( I like guns), and am sadly going to have to upsize my storage unit. :(

There is no way around it, if you want more products (gunz) you have to have a place to store them.
Yeah, you can scrimp and save, even sell a few gunz to pay for it (the smart way) ;) or you can put it on a CC and pay interest on it for the rest of your life...:eek: The choice is up to you...:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top