JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They had imported a model with a longer barrel called the hunter. Most had a sporting stock with a longer barrel. I don't Know the exact name of your model but had the receiver been a non-slant you could ask much more and probably receive it. That is a great looking rifle and to have it unfired for all these years is pretty cool.

Are you selling it? If so I'll ask around.

SF-

$400 for a milled receiver?

:eek:

That slant takes away the value. Like I said, who am I? If you can get someone to pay higher, go find them but it will probably take awhile. Once again just my opionion like the OP requested.

What is your opinion?

That receiver has all the right markings and that chrome lined barrel is just asking to be used.

Are there any Chinese accessories to go with it? I saw a hunter go for $600.00 at a WAC show but it had 6 Chinese 30 rd mags and one 10 rd mag.

SF-

That slant takes away the value. Like I said, who am I? If you can get someone to pay higher, go find them but it will probably take awhile. Once again just my opionion like the OP requested.

What is your opinion?

That receiver has all the right markings and that chrome lined barrel is just asking to be used.

Are there any Chinese accessories to go with it? I saw a hunter go for $600.00 at a WAC show but it had 6 Chinese 30 rd mags and one 10 rd mag.

SF-

out of curiousity what is the deal between angled and not angled? value difference, and why? I have a milled norinco with a 16 1/2 inch barrel (thumbhole stock) straight cut so I was just wondering as you seem to have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject.

That slants came into the country as chinas compromise to continue the importation. The thumb hole stock is real easy to convert to a standard PG and BS but the slant receivers prevent you from installing a normal BS. Ironwood stocks makes a goofy looking PG and BS combo just for slant cut receivers. It works but I wouldn't own one. If you have a milled receiver with a thumbhole stock you have one of the last imported post ban Chinese milled receivers. Goto the two rifles posted the $750.00 rifle is probably a post ban milled and the one for $1400.00 is probably a true pre-ban (bayonet, FH, PG and BS) but I havent clicked on the links.

If you'd like I could post pics of my preban polytech milled receiver tomorrow.

SF-

Just piping in here...the determining factor with this rifle is the thumbhole stock/slant receiver combination, not the fact that it is a milled receiver. A good, well-buit, reliable tank of an AK, yes, but with limited collectability because of the mentioned detriments. $400 is (unfortunately) probably realistic in this economy. $500 tops, but no more. A purchaser would still have to spend a few more hundred to get the buttstock, pg and trigger group to get a more 'correct' looking 922 compliant AK.

The $750 link sounds somewhat reasonable, but without photos...meh. It is a more rare variant, somewhat desirable. The $1500 link is a postban slantback also...just like the one pictured above, but with the Ironwood stock Silver Fox spoke about. Way too high. In this economy, even the prebans with the bayos are going for right around $1,000+/-. Prices are down by about 1/2 since 2 years ago. From what I've seen, about the only prebans that have somewhat held their earlier values are the Yugo M77s.

Keith

Last Edited:
From what I've seen, about the only prebans that have somewhat held their earlier values are the Yugo M77s.

Keith

Is that the Mitchell arms imported rifle that was stopped at customs and had the M77 etched over and M90 elctro-penciled in or is this a M77 untouched with bayonet lug that you are talking about?

SF-

Yup, the Mitchell M77 without the crossouts are still running pretty high from what I've seen. The M90s are still fairly desirable too. I'd be happy with either. (I thought you had one?)

Keith

$2,900? Whoo! That's higher than 2 years ago. Where was this?

I've actually seen several of the Polytechs with the integral bayo go for under $1,000...quite surprising. A good deal for those interested in that type.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top