JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just monkeying around with my Gamo Whisper Silent Cat. Gorilla warfare at it's finest. I go apes over airguns!

frankmonkeyapecostumegamogun001.jpg
(click to enlarge)

Obviously too much time on my hands.
Bored, shooting alone, plinking paper is losing it's challenge and thrill.
Any backyard shooters in the Hillsboro area?

How is your accuracy? Mine is terribly unreliable when it comes to POA/POI. Maybe I got a lemon, but after 600+ rounds I would think it would settle in.

I have an RWS, one crank.

It provides exceptional accuracy and is potent with a 1000 fps.

I've smoked many a squirrel with it.

P.S. Use pellets as bb's won't provide good accuracy.

How is your accuracy? Mine is terribly unreliable when it comes to POA/POI. Maybe I got a lemon, but after 600+ rounds I would think it would settle in.

I just got this "silent cat" and breaking it in before I add the scope. Should get better with time.

Sub 1-inch groups at 70 feet, bench-rest, no optics. I like the sights on this thing. Shame I have to take them off to use the scope.

If you haven't looked into "artillery hold" yet @308, YouTube has several examples that will help.

Without you here in front of me, the best generic advice I could give is; "When you hit the bullseye, do that exact same thing again." :)
Break-barrels, well, any gun really, requires the ability to repeat perfection on demand.

I play darts too, same philosophy. Probably applies to any sport ya have to aim at something.

Ammo makes a difference too. I've found the Gamo break-barrels seems to do well with, after trying dozens of others, the Winchester rounds.

Scopes and problems with parallax can move your POI all over the place, even if your hold is perfect. Here's a good article that might help.

@MannyGlocks, true that! Pellets is the only way to go for airgun accuracy. And safety! :)

Thanks all for visiting, catch y'all later. Gonna go kill some harmless paper.

gamosilentcat_noscope001.jpg

Test #003. No bullseye, but a decent grouping. 10 rounds. Two groups with 3 on top each other. Maybe I should move the sights a bit to the right. Or it could be me. Time will tell. :)

gamocattargettest003.jpg

BR @70', using a portable tripod, folding table, and a comfy spot under the cedar tree.
shootingposition002cedar70feet001.jpg

What it looks from behind the barrel...
backyardrange70feetBETA002.jpg

Same here.

It's really common to be frustrated with break-barrels. It took me a while to get better. It takes a lot of practice.

I can't think myself anywhere near an "eagle-eye" shooter, but happy I'm not doing the shotgun patterns I started out with years ago! :)

I don't know much, but I'll share whatever I have. Wish some of you were closer, we could throw on our COVID masks and play bandito.

gamocattargettest004.jpg

I'm pretty good on the trigger and know how to be consistent. This is at 30-feet because I want to see the impact points. All shots were without adjusting the scope. I've been shooting Gamo .177 Magnum, Master Point, Match, Hunter and Daisy Flat Nosed with no difference in consistency. Probably a Friday gun ;)
48E5FD1A-D8ED-4A08-9BC6-581D5D312333.jpeg

This is at 30-feet because I want to see the impact points. All shots were without adjusting the scope. I've been shooting Gamo .177 Magnum, Master Point, Match, Hunter and Daisy Flat Nosed with no difference in consistency. Probably a Friday gun ;)

Good point. Do you have another break-barrel similar to the one used on that target (same ammo, position, etc.)?

Perhaps try closer, say, 20-feet. Or heck, 10. Maybe with and without the scope if you have that option.

I've had good luck with the Daisy flatheads. I use heavier rounds for (typically) better accuracy. Too light, too fast, they tend to wander.

Now I'm just showing off. :) But took me all day (on-and-off) and 100s of rounds to get to this point and call it good for the day.

gamocattargettest006.jpg

Looks like rain the next few, so it'll be indoor pistol shooting for the most part.

This is at 30-feet because I want to see the impact points.

I thought about this more and wonder if it's the sights? My Gamo came with a scope, as most do, and it's default parallax point is 75 feet. If you're looking though the scope and the cross-hairs seem as if they're floating around as you try to aim, might be an issue. Perhaps try again further back?

Let us know if you find a solution!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top