JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. Of all the people who work for me, doctors generally are my least favorite, they complain the most, charge the most, and usually deliver a quality of service somewhere between poor and dismal..

why do you even bother seeing one?

you come for sound medical advice, you are given one, you don't like it but yet you keep coming back? ever think about finding another doctor? with doctors you do get what you pay for... go to a quality doc and you might have a different experience...

to the original article, in any profession there will be extremists... this is just an example...

not everybody is anti-2A, but a vocal majority unfortunately is...

I believe that allopathic doctors practicing medicine on unwitting victims by "burn, cut or poison" is a very serious form of mental illness

I have not been to one since age 17 except to get a physical to get a job, once

:s0131:

Doctors who think I'm crazy for having guns....should stand aside while I perform a lobotomy

They fall into this category AFAICT

Why gun prohibitionists have lost traction, relevance

One might think that after years of practice, the gun prohibition lobby would understand that worn out platitudes and broad brush wish lists packaged as a canned response to some new violent outrage no longer get any serious traction with the public.

<broken link removed>

... complaining that I drink too much, smoke too much, eat too much red meat. Of all the people who work for me, doctors generally are my least favorite, they complain the most, charge the most, and usually deliver a quality of service somewhere between poor and dismal.

You guys are funny. Do you complain when your mechanic says your oil is due for a change, your air filter is clogged and brake pads are ground down to the metal and need a change? And wants to charge you for the work? Damn freedom suppressing commie mechanics!

You guys are funny. Do you complain when your mechanic says your oil is due for a change, your air filter is clogged and brake pads are ground down to the metal and need a change? And wants to charge you for the work? Damn freedom suppressing commie mechanics!

Mechanics actually fix things or have to make it right.. allopathic doctors kill thousands every year through incompetence or quackery like chemotheraphy. Kinda hard to fix that

The sole purpose of Obamacare is to control the masses including Doc's in practice and financial the gov pays for it they own you. I don't know how much clearer it can get yet 48% of America thinks that it their right (to be controlled, that’s a mental disease). The pretend 2A Libs say that is just fear mongering and show me the proof. History is all the proof we need. Bush gave us the patriot act under the guise to protect us and under honorable men no problem then we have seen the expansion of gov (TSA Grope while compliant Americans line up comes to mind) into our Dailey lives at all levels with the current regime.

Ahhh... The ever present blame Bush for what's going on now.

Ahhh... The ever present blame Bush for what's going on now.

I am not blaming Bush my only point is the current regime has taken what started out as a good thing from honorable men and expanded the gov power to take away more of our liberty. Bush only opened the door I had full trust with him not so much with bho.

Annually, the number of deaths from firearm accidents (which includes a pretty large percentage that were suicides but the coroner felt bad for the family) is about the same as the number of deaths from lightning strikes. That's a fact.

Annually, firearms injuries are a tiny fraction of all emergency room visits. That's a fact.

Murder and other violent crime has plummeted at the same time that firearms ownership has seen steep spikes. That's a fact.

Your child is something like 30 times more likely to die from poisoning as they are from a firearm. But you don't see doctors asking for mandatory "safe storage" laws for DRANO and anti-freeze.

This leads any rational person to the conclusion that these people have an irrational fear of firearms and a political agenda, not a genuine interest in reducing preventable accidents and disease.

Annually, the number of deaths from firearm accidents (which includes a pretty large percentage that were suicides but the coroner felt bad for the family)...

I can personally attest to this, but it has nothing to do with the coroner. The coroner just determines the cause of death (i.e. gunshot to the head). The investigators determine if it was intentional or not. I recently lent a firearm to a friend of mine who used it to commit suicide. Because he left no note, didn't have a history of mental illness or communicate his intent they ruled it as accidental.

I recently lent a firearm to a friend of mine who used it to commit suicide.

Wow! That would really freak me out if my friend borrowed a gun and then shot himself. I've got to wonder why he borrowed it instead of just buying one? He had to know that it would bother you to have your gun used this way....

If you don't mind me asking: What was the time interval between borrow and suicide? Were there ANY clues in retrospect that he was not happy in life?

At all 4 of my classes at OFA there was a physician in attendance. As memory serves three of the four were ER docs. Think I'll take a "mentally ill" ER doc over one who thinks my support of the 2A makes me mentally ill.

Wow! That would really freak me out if my friend borrowed a gun and then shot himself. I've got to wonder why he borrowed it instead of just buying one? He had to know that it would bother you to have your gun used this way....

If you don't mind me asking: What was the time interval between borrow and suicide? Were there ANY clues in retrospect that he was not happy in life?

My grandfather was a country doctor in the 30s and he and a friend were BSing over a few beers.
The friend asked Gramps how he would kill himself if he was gonna do it, and Gramps demonstrated with a finger-gun shooting himself through the top of his mouth.

Two days later, his friend did exactly that with a .45. He said he STILL felt guilty 40 years later because he hadn't recognized any signs.

He borrowed it to qualify as an armed security officer. He bunked at my place for a couple months then at another friends for about 6 months before he was lent the firearm. He had the firearm for about 6 months on and off before he put it to his temple. My wife knew him and his family for years and he was trying to get his life together away from his lowlife counterparts.

But aparently the emotional termoil from a broken family caught up with him. I still have the pistol too...

I don't understand all the criticism of this news piece. It's an article in The Daily Sheeple. So you know it's sound professional reporting.

Did you not see the link to USA Today which is based off the link The Sheeple is referencing? No? Okay will then scroll back, read then post an educated opinion on the actual topic.

Your child is something like 30 times more likely to die from poisoning as they are from a firearm. But you don't see doctors asking for mandatory "safe storage" laws for DRANO and anti-freeze.
"If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is."
The Chicago Sun-Times.

Gun ownership — a precursor to gun violence — can spread "much like an infectious disease circulates," said Daniel Webster, a health policy expert and co-director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research in Baltimore.

Well duh! And car ownership is a precursor to drunk driving!

Whatever the law is. follow it. If you are not allowed to communicate a threat to your psychiatrist, then refrain from doing that.

I don't think this article presents any new information, except that a particular doctor stood-up, appalled by the injuries in Oak Creek, WI, and, unprofessionally, used that event to haphazardly leverage an anti-gun, political battle. He was opportunistic. When politicians do that, like President Obama's saying that Trayvon Martin would look just like his son, they are shamed. The same rules apply here.

This article belongs in the Onion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads