JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sad to loose a family furaby but don't you dare throw my k9's a treat. I have jumped on many a parcel bringer for that and to tell their relief drivers also.
I don't want them to eat a strangers offerings, simple as that.

That was a beautiful story in the OP...thanks for sharing.

As for interacting with another person's dog...It it always wise to ask first if you may pet or give a treat...to be sure that it is okay and everything is clear...
Inspector Clouseau comes to mind here...:eek::D
Andy

Somethings wrong with that story. The USPS doesn't allow carriers to carry treats for the dogs on their routes. At least not here in PDX. I figure the rule would be universal throughout the country though. Fernando Barboza is in for an infraction.

I carry treats for the dogs of folks I visit regularly. After the first time or two they don't necessarily like me, they just want the damned treat.

Reminds me of my dog. Every morning she whines and has a little snippy bark, will come up and give me a hard nose in my junk if I don't pay attention to her.
She wants that treat.
But probably 70% of the time she'll take it run to our other room and leave it.
Then doesn't eat it.
She just wants her "good girl" treat.

She's never been a treat dog. She just loves the attention and recognition.

Strangest dog I've ever had.
But she's really smart, and super loving.
Everything you wish a pound dog would be.

Reminds me of my dog. Every morning she whines and has a little snippy bark, will come up and give me a hard nose in my junk if I don't pay attention to her.
She wants that treat.
But probably 70% of the time she'll take it run to our other room and leave it.
Then doesn't eat it.
She just wants her "good girl" treat.

She's never been a treat dog. She just loves the attention and recognition.

Strangest dog I've ever had.
But she's really smart, and super loving.
Everything you wish a pound dog would be.

Darned, that sounds like everything a man could want a woman to be? o_O

That went dark fast...

Was not intending to yell....
But I have a lot invested in my property and my dogs, I take care of my animals and I want them to take care of me.
That being said, criminals use doped treats to deactivate alarm systems (animals) all the time. Due to my hearing impairment, I rely 100% on my dogs to alert me when people or other animals are around. They are my ears.

Sad to loose a family furaby but don't you dare throw my k9's a treat. I have jumped on many a parcel bringer for that and to tell their relief drivers also.
I don't want them to eat a strangers offerings, simple as that.

It took me months to win over a neighbor dog who was used to coming over and playing with the PO's family dog. I had to throw her treats, and it took a long time to get her to eat from my hand and accept me as a friend. She still doesn't trust strangers - at all. She will still bark at anybody, even her owner. She is a good warning system, but had been abused in the past, so she is afraid of humans.

Somethings wrong with that story. The USPS doesn't allow carriers to carry treats for the dogs on their routes. At least not here in PDX. I figure the rule would be universal throughout the country though. Fernando Barboza is in for an infraction.

I carry treats for the dogs of folks I visit regularly. After the first time or two they don't necessarily like me, they just want the damned treat.

They do here. It used to be the only way to get one of the neighborhood dogs to get out of the road so they can deliver - the dog would lay in the middle of the road until given a treat.

They do here. It used to be the only way to get one of the neighborhood dogs to get out of the road so they can deliver - the dog would lay in the middle of the road until given a treat.

Kind of a rotten deal that an animal lover mail carrier can't make friends with the dogs....but then, in THIS litigious society.......

Was not intending to yell....
But I have a lot invested in my property and my dogs, I take care of my animals and I want them to take care of me.
That being said, criminals use doped treats to deactivate alarm systems (animals) all the time. Due to my hearing impairment, I rely 100% on my dogs to alert me when people or other animals are around. They are my ears.
I figured it was something like that. I had a neighbor growing up who lost a dog in a similar fashion. It's pretty creepy stuff.

They dont allow them to poop in the bushes either but that don't stop em..

Kind of a rotten deal that an animal lover mail carrier can't make friends with the dogs....but then, in THIS litigious society.......

I control my dog's diet and do not want others to interfere with it. Some people just don't care about that aspect.
Animals can have allergies or some adverse reactions to different treats that people indiscriminately throw to them.

Case in point, our new neighbors on the backside of our property have two dogs that Yap constantly, the kids that feed them decided to try and make friends with our dogs and threw some unknown dog food over the fence without our knowledge. Our little dog came in that evening and started vomiting and of course the big dog was licking it up before we could get to it.:mad: Of course both of them were sick for three the four days.
The new neighbors found out that we are not happy with their actions and it's too bad that they don't speak any English but they did get my message expressively.:mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top