JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or as I Call it Pho-Q!

And this time there is even a weapon in the pictures!

Recipe to follow, I'm eating! [zombie]

100_2256.jpg

100_2257.jpg

For broth:

4 Quarts beef stock fresh or concentrate
2 stocks lemon grass sliced thin
2 carrots chopped
3" piece of whole ginger diced
2 large onions, diced
1/3 cup Asian fish sauce
6 whole star anise
4 whole cloves
3" cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
3 bay leaves
6 garlic cloves

For the garnish:

1lb rice noodles
2green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup Thai basil
1 cup bean sprouts
3 limes, cut into wedges
Thin Sliced Jalepenos

Some kind of meat such as thin sliced beef or in this case pan fried Mahi and shrimp.

Put the beef stock and fish sauce in the crockpot on high.

In a pan saute the ginger, onion, lemon grass,carrots and garlic to soften but not too mushy.

Put the star anise, cloves, and cinnamon stick in a small skillet and toast them on top of a stove burner over medium heat. Turn the spices a couple of times until they're slightly darkened (3 to 4 minutes) and until you smell their aroma. Put the toasted spices and fennel seeds in a small square of double thick cheesecloth and tie the bundle with a long piece of kitchen twine. Add the spice bundle and the bay leaves to the broth, tying the end of the twine to the pot handle for easy retrieval.

Let the broth simmer, uncovered, skimming occasionally. After 4 hours, remove the spice bundle, bay leaves and from the pot and discard. Let the broth continue to simmer. Taste the broth and add more salt or fish sauce as needed.

Meanwhile, soak the rice noodles in cold water for at least 20 minutes. Arrange the sliced scallions, cilantro, parsley, basil, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chiles and meat in separate piles.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the drained rice noodles. Give the noodles a quick stir and cook until tender but firm, about 1 minute. Rice noodles can quickly become gummy, so don't let them overcook.

Serve immediately, along with the platters of garnish.

I told myself, "James, you don't want to look!" Well, I looked. Good job Trlsmn! Another fine looking meal. Now, if you will excuse me. I find myself hungry. Think I will go find a snack.

Me, I've been pigging out on a giant pot of Dukhobor Borscht

And the Christmas goose, stuffed with prunes.

Only thing I've been missing is sashimi and wasabi,

But that will happen once all the leftovers are gone..........

isher

I would consider that glass of milk a weapon as well. It's kinda like tannerite for some of our lower intestines.

The pho looks delicious though. Have you ever made pho koph?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top