JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a Magtech .45acp bullet lodge itself about 2/3 of the way down my 1911 barrel yesterday. I got the bullet out; my question is what to do with the rest of the box. It was the 7th out of a box of 50. Do I assume it what an isolated
bad load or toss the rest?

Was this older Magtech, or the newer stuff?

I had some older Magtech, made in around 1998 or 1999, it was .357 Mag, and one round when fired ruptured the casing! That was crazy! I glad it happened in my beefy S&W 686, so nothing really happened to the gun, the case was a pain in the *** to get out of the cylinder.

I would contact them and give them the Lot# on the box, and not fire the rest of the rounds.

Contact MagTech and be sure to indicate to them it will take at least a case* to restore your confidence, and to remain hush on internet forums...

*With free shipping

Thanks for the replies. I did report it on the form they provide on their web site. I bought it this summer so its fairly new (to me at least). I'll take your advice and not use the rest.

Almost a month since I sent in the ammo and I finally got the replacement box tonight. I don't think 50 trouble free rounds will be enough to restore my confidence in the product. Oh, if forgot, they did send me a really cool hat.

Almost a month since I sent in the ammo and I finally got the replacement box tonight. I don't think 50 trouble free rounds will be enough to restore my confidence in the product. Oh, if forgot, they did send me a really cool hat.

Wow, 1 lousy box of ammo? I understand we in a bad economy but that is ridiculous!

I had a Magtech .45acp bullet lodge itself about 2/3 of the way down my 1911 barrel yesterday. I got the bullet out; my question is what to do with the rest of the box. It was the 7th out of a box of 50. Do I assume it what an isolated
bad load or toss the rest?

I'd weigh the rest of the bullets before firing anymore from that box...if they under-pressured one, I can only imagine that one could be over-pressured as well.

Luckily you noticed the squib for what it was, by firing another round you could have seriously damaged your firearm...I guess I wont be doing rapid-fire with MagTech rounds!

Heard bad stuff about Magtech as well. Once bought two boxes of Magtech .32auto and went through all of it without any problems though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top