JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to Frontsight a couple of weeks ago with my Sig P320 compact. It has been incredibly reliable with about 5,000 rounds through it. I bought 124 grain 9mm ammunition for the 4 day defensive handgun class. You go through about 700 rounds in the class. I had about 30 type 3 malfunctions using that ammo. I had never had one before. The armorer at Frontsight said my gun was as dirty as he had ever seen a gun after about 150 rounds. MagTech ammo was unreliable in my gun. I don't know if that is common but I won't buy it again. It is information I wanted to share with the group.
Jim

I've had really good luck with Magtech. Maybe a bad lot or maybe the 320 just doesn't like it.

I think my gun doesn't like it..

Could be. I've ran lots of it through my Glocks without issue. Or again, maybe it's a bad lot. Magtech is cheap, the only reason I buy it. Lot's of range trips and I can't remember any malfunctions.

I've had no problems with Magtech in my S&W or Glocks. I used Magtech for a class at the OFA, about 500 rounds, ran all with no malfunctions in my M&P 9c

Magtech is awful, dirty ammo. They have a huge variance in powder dropped. I have seen ammo out if the same box make major pf and sub minor pf. I have seen enough people have problems with it I wouldnt recommend it.

I've never had a problem with Magtech either, I have used literally a couple thousand rounds, and can't recall a single issue, in any of my guns. Just went to the range today and put 200 rounds through my PCR, doesn't seem any dirtier than any other bulk ammo I've shot.

I had a bad run in with the stuff quite a while back. Ordered a little rifle in .40. Since I had no other .40 I ordered up a lot of ammo. After break in rifle was doing great. Then one day at the range all I had left was a few boxes of the MT. All of a sudden it would not feed a full mag. So I went out front and bought a couple boxes of the same weight bullet in Fed Red Box and Win White box. Those 100 rounds all worked fine. Another mag full of the MT and it would not go 15 rounds. Took what was left of the MT out front and gave it to them, said give it to some other shooter. Counter guy made same comment, had to be something with my rifle. May well have been. I had that rifle for many years after and it ate everything I fed it. Don't know it it was that ammo or just that lot as I just never tried it again.

Just went shooting last Saturday my aunt ran about 450 rounds of Magtech in her Glock 19.
I don't remember her having any problems.
I would say your gun is picky .
It is a Sig

Magtech 99mm
Your correct Sigs do not like this ammo
My P320 would not cycle at all
45 cal runs through my FNX 45 tactical, but really makes the gun filthy, lots of carbon build up etc..., a real mess
I would spend a few bucks more, have respect for your weapons
I have a great relationship with The owner of the gun shop in my town and will not sell this ammo to his customers under any circumstances
If your weapon runs fine with this ammo does not mean you should use it
I recommend that all forget this ammo as an option for any weapon

Last Edited:
I've used MagTech in a couple of guns and have noticed it's dirty. Other than that it seemed to work well in my guns. Not really an apples to apples comparison since a couple of those are revolvers. :D

Mag Tech runs great in all my 9mm's. That includes a couple each of Sig P320s, P365s, CZ P10s, a G19, and a PDP.

They sell a lot of Mag Tech at the range I use and I haven't seen a problem and when asked they say it runs fine in all their customers guns and their rental guns. If it didn't run in their rental guns they wouldn't use it.

I have to agree with DLS. I bought a couple of cases of it and it has run fine in PCC, P226, Star and others. It is several years old however.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top