JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello everyone,

I have notice since i installed the BAD lever by magpul I have had some issues in mag switches. It seems to jam when i place the mag in and release it with the lever and I end up having to pull back on the bolt and eject a round . So it has happened a few times during matches and slows me down by a few seconds since having to re seat the mag or make sure its in all the way and then pulling the bolt back .
have any of you had this problem with the magpul.? if so is a fix available or just take it off and not use it. i have not had a issue until i used it. thanks for your input.
steve

ok i will try and make it happen next time at range and or use some dummy rounds to make it happen. basically when i release the lever it does not shut. i smack the mag to make sure it is seated well and it still does not move . so i have to rack my bolt back and then start shooting again. it has happened about 4 times and during quick mag changes in a 3 gun or rifle match doing stages.

Check to make sure all hardware is properly tightened. Try different magazines? Don't wait till your next range trip for photos, use the dummy rounds take photos and video if possible.

if you take the lever off does it still do it? are you using reloads? what mags are you using? from how you describe the condition it sounds as if you're not going into battery? i cant imagine a bad lever causing a failure to go into battery.

Last Edited:
awesome cant wait to see the video so you can get more input in getting this fixed! one more thing... did u build the lower to the rifle? is the mag catch properly installed?

I have on on my Daniel Defense that works perfectly. I bought another and popped it on my AR pistol built using a Joe Bob Spartan billet lower and when the mag was empty the bolt would lock back. Took it off and it functioned perfectly.

Never had another problem since I went to Phase 5. IMAG1031-1.jpg

if you take the lever off does it still do it? are you using reloads? what mags are you using? from how you describe the condition it sounds as if you're not going into battery? i cant imagine a bad lever causing a failure to go into battery.
^this, if it's a failure to go into battery, the bad lever is the least of your concerns. What components make up your rifle? Barrel, BCG, Buffer including weight, Lower, trigger, lpk.

I didn't really read much of the posts,but you have spent some effort in doing this thread.....instead of just tking the gimmick off?
I have put them on a couple AR builds but never really thought much of it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads