JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Flooding the market sure worked aganst Smith and Wesson when they caved to Clinton. It nearly bankrupted them.

The flood of used goods makes a good statement, and might even devalue the new goods slightly, but it was the lack of new sales that nearly bankrupted them. Also, any devaluation would impact your attempt to "dump" the used products.

Personally, I don't like the word "boycott", I prefer "ostracize".

I advocate the ostracizing of magpul.

The idea of a boycott is a nice idea, but impossible in practice, which is exactly what Magpul has pointed out.

Unless you had S&W, Colt, Glock, Sig and the rest joining in it's a symbolic statement that accomplished nothing but getting people already on ourside excited. And even THEN, you'd just have individual distributors buying those guns from the manufacturers and selling them to a state on the ban list.

Magpul doesn't do enough business in the police market in NY to make a difference. And many of the companies on the lists I've seen have Never done ANY appreciable business with NY state, which makes the whole thing a PR stunt to get business from gun owners. You really think Olympic Arms had a big LE sales presence in NY? Seriously?

I don't think NY's 7-round limit is going to pass constitutional muster. The AR ban may or may not, but the 7-round limit is small enough to make self-defense difficult and there's no LEGAL question that the right of self-defense with a gun is a protected right. -Heller established that much. This may have to come to a legal battle. Given the court's makeup and people likely to retire soon, I'm not sure if now isn't the time to strike on that front.

It's all about greed... These guys are definitely NOT oath keepers.

I don't even think it's about greed. The statement says their LEO sales are negligible. The company is just run by delusional statists.

Statists because they willfully discriminate against civilians that don't "work" for the government, the very same entity that is pissing on the civilian gun rights that Magpul claims to support. Delusional because apparently Magpul is endowed with clairvoyant abilities that enable them to check their LEO customer's 2A stance, or as they put it, "supporting the good guys behind the lines". Apparently collecting a taxpayer-funded check makes one pro-2A.

Magpul's statement is a rambling mess, it could have been boiled down to a simple sentence: "Cops are above civilians, therefore we will sell to cops because they need our magazines to put down brown and black people".

They don't put down white people too?

Sure, just fewer, from a statistical standpoint. Drug warrants constitute a majority of SWAT deployments today (where Magpul products will certainly be used) and the drug war is largely waged against minorities, since it is a persecution of pharmaceuticals that white politicians dislike.

Straight from their facebook page,

"REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries"

Because you guys seemed to glaze over it, here it is again. They are NOT going to sell to LEO's in ban states anymore.

"REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries"

Goodbye, magpul. Your evil decision will be remembered when the final chips fall

Best set the patriots out here straight, fast, if you have an alternate plan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads