JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well written. There are realities that exist outside the political arena. While it has been nice to see so many companies standing up to NY for our Second Amendment rights, I also understand and respect Magpul's decision to sell to LEO's in NY. I don't think anyone can really accuse them of folding under pressure.

So, they will not stop selling to states LEO that ban the products, for fairly well articulated reasons.

But they refused a manufacturing exemption in CO and are planning on leaving if it passes. Sounds like they are still standing for principles, and not wanting to punish the individual officers who use their products. I don't know what the perfect response would be, but this is far from the worst, and it isn't over yet. Let's not judge until things have been solidified.

Negative, magpul shouldn't have made any concessions. Period.
Magpul mags were cheap plastic anyway. I switched back over to standard usgi mags and haven't looked back.

Once they make exceptions for Leos in NY, then it'll be everywhere.
NY NEEDS to be bent over and spanked. A child state like that will never learn so long as you nurture over nature.

Leos are still the forefront vicious lapdogs of the states arm of power who are lead by our moron politicians, who in turn are lead by the "divine" authorities in DC.. Who in turn are lead by other even more dubious groups...etc..

Just like a politician to offer Magpul an exemption so they can sweep the issue under the rug and avoid causing a large number of job losses. Of course Magpul is going to refuse that! Magpul's decisions are not solely based on smart business choices, but standing up for the ideals their business was founded on as well.

So, same as Armalite? Then it's back to GI mags.

L5 Translucent - Lancer Systems

I actually prefer these over pmags.

With magpuls willingness to arm the very people who will use their pmags to enforce the civilian ban, I'm not going to give them any more support. Disappointing to say the least. I was in the market for a new stock.

I will be passing the word that magpul is continuing to support the (albeit reluctant) gestapo to the detriment of the unworthy civilian population.

Magpul said:
Regardless of political views, these guys face violent criminals, make 2 am traffic stops, serve felony warrants...

For the record, a civilian possessing a 30 round pmag in NY is guilty of a "Class D Violent Felony."
That speaks to the very core of the problem of magpul supplying the LEO's.

Magpul said:
We refuse to punish LE collectively for the anti-2A beliefs of some, or even of their politically appointed chiefs, who could care less about properly equipped officers in many cases. We see this as no different than demanding that legislators do not punish all of society for the actions of criminals by taking away rights from the law abiding.

This is where they miss the point. Beliefs play little to no role in this argument. I do not feel better about being disarmed by a LEO who disagrees with what he is doing. I do not feel better about magpul supplying the tools that are used to disarm and imprison civilians just because the officer has misgivings.

They compare it to punishing all for the actions of criminals, when this is more akin to rewarding the criminals because they feel bad about what they're doing.

Perhaps we should all flood the market with all of our Magpul mags with discounts to addresses in NY and go back to GI's.

That would be a crime... unless you're selling them to LEO's.

The genie is out of the bottle. Selling the magazines you already own does nothing but hurt you.
The best bet is to let your money do your talking.

Support the businesses that support your rights.

Magpul's argument about 'pro-2A LEOs being replaced by anti-2A LEOs' is also quite meaningless. LEOs must enforce ALL laws, regardless of whether they agree with them or not, so it really doesn't matter what the personal opinions of the arresting LEOs are...

They caved, pure and simple. I will not be buying any more Magpul products, including any more training videos, until their policy changes.

Keith

.........Selling the magazines you already own does nothing but hurt you.

........ Support the businesses that support your rights.

It seems my point was missed.

To spell it out so there is no confusion I tried to imply to flood the market with Magpuls and replace them with GI's. After this rush for everything gun related is over, and good old fashoined GI mags can be had I will be doing just that.

BTW I was being facetious with my suggestion to sell to NY residents.

It seems my point was missed.

Not at all.

To spell it out so there is no confusion I tried to imply to flood the market with Magpuls and replace them with GI's. After this rush for everything gun related is over, and good old fashoined GI mags can be had I will be doing just that.

Again, while you are free to do that, it will accomplish nothing. You've already bought the item and supported the company financially. You cannot "unpurchase" them. Magpul actually makes a great product. To sell them will only hurt you in the long run. Your best bet is to keep the mags you have now and make sure your future purchases are 2a friendly.

BTW I was being facetious with my suggestion to sell to NY residents.

I sure hope so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top