Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Magpul offers ten Pmags to each resident

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by ocarolan, Feb 26, 2013.

1. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Time to make friends with Colorado residents. :)

P.S. Hope Magpul moves to the NW!!

"We are proud to announce that within a matter of days we will be going live with a new program. Due to a bill currently moving through the Colorado legislature, there is the possibility that Colorado residents' ability to purchase standard capacity magazines will soon be infringed. Before that happens, and Magpul is forced to leave the state in order to keep to our principles, we will be doing our best to get standard capacity PMAGs into the hands of any Colorado resident that wants them.

Verified Colorado residents will be able to purchase up to ten (10) standard capacity AR/M4 magazines directly from Magpul, and will be given immediate flat-rate $5 shipping, bypassing our current order queue.

Our customers outside of Colorado, please know that our PMAG production will continue at an ever-increasing rate until we do relocate, shipments to our distributors in other states will continue, and that we do not expect relocation to significantly impact PMAG production. We are also aware that Colorado is not the only state with existing or pending magazine capacity restrictions; we are working on programs for other affected states as well.

Full details and instructions will be announced when we are able to go live; please watch here for the coming announcement."

2. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Good for them!

Personaly I dont really have all that much fondness for pmags ( have a couple but dont understand the huge allure) but good for them!!

3. iGun

iGun Pacific NW Active Member

Nicely done, Magpul.

4. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

they have been talking about this for awhile. No way magpul would move here........ Oregon is coming up with some crazy bills. They need to find a state they will not have to move from again in 5 months. Texas would be a good move.

5. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Texas???

Wyoming or Utah I can see..

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

While I commend their actions I hope they actually make good on the above statement. 'Leaving' seems to be common threat by many in response to a variety political actions but unfortunately in the end nothing changes, no one goes anywhere and I'll bet Colorado will not loose any sleep over this regardless of what they do.

7. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Where do I find this on their site?

8. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

It's on their Facebook.

Magpul isn't bluffing.

9. OREGON FALER

OREGON FALER Springfield, OR. Active Member

Good for them. Go magpul!

10. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I wish they would send letters to the WH and congress and get other companies to follow suit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

11. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

My wife will take 10, my mom 10, dad.... Flood the market! I'll re-sell them all day for $15 ea (old retail) to screw the gougers.

No, I am not joking.

12. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Good for Magpul.

Go find a good home to move to.

13. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

So, just for arguments sake I don't have a facebook. Where can I send a link to my immediate family members who are CO residents to order some for their own use? (or my use after a trade?)

I just happen to be a former CO resident with MANY family memebers there....

14. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

not ready yet per magpul. I would say if your family members are buying to trade they dont need them....... Magpul is selling these to people in CO that need them not trying to make a trade or make money as they will not be able to buy them again. Im not the boss of the world or magpul but they are trying to do something really nice that hardly any manufactor would ever do. Any people just profiting off of that dont deserve it. If you buy them normally and resale I could careless but just bubbleguming up what magpul is doing is just plain uncalled for. Do what you please.

Nwcid, Focer, balline36m3 and 3 others like this.
  15. MinnesotaORnewbie

MinnesotaORnewbie Oregon Active Member

The gun manufactures should buy a large parcel of land in Arizona, lobby it to be the 51st State, and Call it "District of Arms"

16. Tim K

Tim K Colorado Member

Colorado guy here, it's for real and I've done it. We can buy 5 each of gen3, gen2 no window, gen2 window, and .308 for AR-10. I bought my 15 for .223. For those with family here, the link is:

Magpul | Unfair Advantage

I've talked to lots of guys who have participated in this program, and so far I've met none who purchased with intention of selling. Some of us are trading to get what we need. For example, I have an ad here to trade two of my gen2 30 rounders for 20 rounders which they are not offering. I and those I know will not be selling outright.

It's a great show of solidarity from Magpul, and I'm grateful for it. Their threat to leave seems to be 100% legit.

17. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

I am dieing to know, How much are they selling them for. Not that I can get any or know of anyone who can, but I am just curious for the sake of being curious.

18. Tim K

Tim K Colorado Member

$12-$15 depending on the model.