JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Laying odds they move to Wyoming. Moving costs will be lower, less then 2 hours from Cheyenne. Good firearms laws.

Yes. Another advantage is lots of their employees probably have roots in the area. A move to southeast Wyoming allows them to maintain those contacts with a quick trip south. More employees would be likey to follow a couple hours north as opossed to a two or three state move.

adam12....i had a 31 vicky (yellow&black) all stock except over & under trans & engine restore to pressure oil fed and pumped up to 70 hp ! you could do 60, then O/D, and get 65........my dad & I did the car back in 70 to 72, and when he passed away in 89, mom give me the car! it was done complete (many shows) but sold it and give her the $$....just coudn't keep it :( :(

steven

I deleted part of the quote, but I agree with your comment about the manufacturers. I want to see Remington uproot their facility in New York state after their crud.

As far as Magpul goes? Montana, Texas, Idaho are probably good options. I think Tennesee will be a stretch, but I could also see Nevada and Arizona as options.

Most NY companies ar relocating to North Carolina I believe. I know Remington has purchased and is refurbishing a large complex in NC already.

I think Oregon would be the last place any Mfg of firearms or related products would want to move to. Income and property tax rates are off the charts and our liberal population is not business friendly.

I would think Wyoming to be at the top of the list, I don't think Nevada would make the list at all with their anti-gun laws

Looks like they passed the bill in Colorado:
Colo. House passes gun-control measures - Yahoo! News
Welcome to Oregon Magpul!

All four proposed bills passed the legislature in Colorado. Now it's on to their governor.

no, only the HOUSE voted. the SENATE has not.

from Denver Post....
2628y85.jpg

2628y85.jpg

I think Oregon would be the last place any Mfg of firearms or related products would want to move to. Income and property tax rates are off the charts and our liberal population is not business friendly.

there is a reason both facebook and apple are building or have built huge data centers in prineville and i assure you its not because it cost them more money to locate them there

yes, facebook is complete, w/ tax cuts, and a promice to do most hiring local ! well by the time the first yr. passed, most locals have been laid off !!
as far as apple goes, not even breaking ground yet.......bonneville has yet to run more power from the dalles.....apple has also been told of low tax rates if they hire local !! hahahahahahahah
business is business ya know !

steven

It was not an idle threat

We'll see. They backtracked on their threat to stop selling to police in NY, and picking up and moving a whole company is much more expensive than that would have been. If they don't move like they said they would (if all bills become law, of course), I will make sure to never buy a Magpul product.

We'll see. They backtracked on their threat to stop selling to police in NY, and picking up and moving a whole company is much more expensive than that would have been. If they don't move like they said they would (if all bills become law, of course), I will make sure to never buy a Magpul product.
I can certainly understand and even agree with your sentiment, I'm not sure they "Backtracked" with NY. I think they just spoke out against and never threatened boycott. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the way I recall it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top