JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, call me an idiot or "question my build", but I have mine on backwards. Keep seeing people say there are no benefits to having them on backwards. What are the benefits to having them on the "right way"? I saw someone say less prone to snagging... okay that makes sense. What else? I can still flame long shots all the same.

So, call me an idiot or "question my build", but I have mine on backwards. Keep seeing people say there are no benefits to having them on backwards. What are the benefits to having them on the "right way"? I saw someone say less prone to snagging... okay that makes sense. What else? I can still flame long shots all the same.
Less snagging and simpler for the adjustments. But on the other hand, backwards front sight means slightly longer sight radius, and on really short rails that makes a difference.

Which way are you saying is correct? Facing the same direction or towards each other?

MAG247_101.jpg

I'm impressed. This thread has been necroed 3 times now! That's gotta be pretty rare, if not a record. At what point is it a zombie thread?

ie_thread_21985ac812979909950065a85e9e691d4db789b3.jpg

Although, it does provide a service to the ignorant . . .

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

Your sites are optimized for performance when installed per the manufacurers design.
Standardizing equiptment allows for any soldier to pick up that weapon and operate it without having to decipher the "good idea fairys" great new idea and vice versa.
It's your weapon you rock it how you like.

I'm impressed. This thread has been necroed 3 times now! That's gotta be pretty rare, if not a record. At what point is it a zombie thread?

Although, it does provide a service to the ignorant . . .
My friend shared a picture of his build which has the front MBUS on backwards. I searched the collective knowledge of the internet and this thread was one of the top results.

My friend said that he put the front MBUS on backwards to increase the sight radius. I prefer the correct way.

They'll snag much easier if installed backwards. There is ZERO point in doing so as well.

I've seen more and more whether in the Classifieds or in personal build photos of guys (and gals) installing their Magpul MBUS sights on backwards. They don't work well at all backwards, and are also more prone to snagging and breakage.

So...Just for everyone who doesn't know. They fold towards the REAR!

Edited since the old links are broken. Here is a pic of them installed correctly:

View attachment 1080737
Should delete this thread... This is a test! One people shouldn't be given the answers to. At least not so directly that is if they dont/can't use the eyes they have and the abundance of internet pics around them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top