JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Magpul hands $80M financial lesson to Colo. anti-gunners

Wednesday's announcement by Magpul Industries that it would be gone completely from Colorado by early 2015 — the kind of announcement for which Wyoming and Texas were thankful yesterday while Colorado will be left with a gaping hole in its economy — was more than just a symbolic victory over gun prohibitionists.

<broken link removed>

I doubt they (CO pols or anti-gunners) care, or see it as a "gaping hole".

Just the same, all things considered, it is a good move. Why pay taxes to a state gov. that is trying to put you out of business? Why antagonize your customers by doing business in a state that is trying to infringe on their rights.

It is sad that they recognize the right of a person to do what they want with their own body, including using a drug that the gov. doesn't approve of, but not their right to own a firearm.
THe 'Double Standard' is well intrenched in the left/liberal way of thinking - for everything. There is most likely NO liberal issue that does not have an equal counterpoint that is rationalized BY the left/libs that is either unpopular - (or illegal for that matter) but is NEVER criticized by them. (I hope that made sense!)

THe 'Double Standard' is well intrenched in the left/liberal way of thinking - for everything. There is most likely NO liberal issue that does not have an equal counterpoint that is rationalized BY the left/libs that is either unpopular - (or illegal for that matter) but is NEVER criticized by them. (I hope that made sense!)
Or the right - which is all for the Second Amendment, but often not the First, and other rights (privacy, right to marry who you want, right to put whatever you want into your body, including drugs), separation of Church & State, etc., etc.

Which is why I am neither left, right, nor middle (hint - *cough* I am Libertarian *cough*)

I agree however 'We' on the right do not resort to large scale improper or illegal actions to make our point AND we are quick to criticize those who do. Also we do not resort to contradictory actions to make a point. I have never seen a gun shop burned or looted because of a law or action bought about by the anti-gun community.

The whole "war on drugs" is a HUGE "improper" action on the part of the federal government (one I was involved in when I was a fed LEO BTW) - one that has done and continues to do, more damage every month than the Ferguson riots have or will do.

The "Patriot Act" is another example of an "improper act" - however, both the right and left (the politicians at least) are equally to blame for that travesty.

Both of these are "illegal" in the sense that they are Unconstitutional on their face.

I doubt they (CO pols or anti-gunners) care, or see it as a "gaping hole".

Just the same, all things considered, it is a good move. Why pay taxes to a state gov. that is trying to put you out of business? Why antagonize your customers by doing business in a state that is trying to infringe on their rights.

Agreed, it's a good move but gun grabbers will never be swayed by an economic argument.

If Bloomberg gets his way, most of Magpul's products would be illegal regardless of where they are manufactured.

Also we do not resort to contradictory actions to make a point. I have never seen a gun shop burned or looted because of a law or action bought about by the anti-gun community.

Seen quite a few abortion clinics that were blown up, doctors murdered etc by people on the "right". You know, to defend and preserve life and what not.

Happy to see Magpul hit Em' where it hurts and move there business to a state that deserves and respects it. Save the money for our lobbyists to help get our rights out of the dirt and swing the tide...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top