JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW! After reading that I can only conclude the the Demonkrats in Colorado are out of their freaking minds! What has this country come to?

Here is my magazine argument short list for use of the forum members. I have provided references where useful, other stuff is relatively easy to verify (except the FBI stats one, that takes a little calculation - if interested I will explain that).

Comments, critique are welcome.

* Koper (2004) analysis of the 1994 assault weapons ban admits that "It is not clear how often the outcomes of gun attacks depend on the ability of offenders to fire more than ten shots (the current magazine capacity limit) without reloading."
* Analysis of Mother Jones' "Mass Killing" data set, comparing events with LCM's/AW's versus those without, shows that the median number of fatalities is identical in both cases at six. Not very compelling evidence for the deadliness of these objects.
* The most deadly mass shooting was Virginia Tech, involving only pistols. The shooter used 19 10 and 15 round magazines. Clearly limiting a crazy person to a 15 round magazine wont have the desired effect.
* FBI homicide data shows that approximately 20% of incidents where the number of perpetrators is known involve multiple perpetrators.
* Even police hit with estimated 22-39% accuracy so it seems plausible that an individual defending themselves or stopping a madman may need more than 10 rounds. (Kleck 1991)

I'd be interested to hear any other talking points people like to use on the magazine question.

That is a great letter. Good to know that the good guys have good lawyers too. Too bad the governor will probably ignore it. I wonder if this opens him to lawsuits when the courts deem this unconstitutional and we can now prove that he knew it was such when he signs it?

The law is whatever the government says it is. The government hoards power and will use the law as necessary to achieve that goal. There is no carrot and stick with the government, the government only has sticks. The law is simply an infrastructure to codify the use of government force against the people to extract wealth and obeisance.

Adherence to principles and the Constitution could have prevented corruption of the law, but today that is nothing more than an inside joke among the statist ruling class.

Why is this not yet challenged in the courts? Isn't violating the Constitution considered an act of treason? Maybe a governor or two needs to swing from the trees before the rest of the country realizes this topic is off limits.
The right of the people to at least have the ability to fight back was put in there for a damn good reason. I don't think the founders envisioned the citizenry (militia) to repel borders with half a musket ball.

^Well, it can't be challenged in courts UNTIL it is a law. Now that it's been officially passed, I'm sure it'll be challenged. Time for organizations like SAF to step up!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top